Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I loved Valiant in the early days, Harbinger is still one of the better books released and Solar: Man of the Atom was a great read. Archer and Armstrong was really good as well. Although my memories may be cloudy.

I read Harbinger #1 and I really liked it, there feels like real emotion and the guy totally is a idiot which makes sens as he's 18 years old. Overall very enjoyable read here are some spoilers The main character straight up physically rapes a girl he was in "love" with when they were kids, incredibly screwed up plus he makes her love him. After this he's visited by another psychic who offers to train him and straight up tells him that he completely hosed up. So yeah the main character rapes a girl. Not a physically rape but he mind controls her into believing she is in love with him.

So yeah, that's incredibly screwed up but also completely what a 18 year old with mind control powers who is untrained would do, it's also very disturbing. It's also kind of obvious or hinted at that He some how drove his brother insane at some point and is now taking care of him on the run from some "organization"

Very dark , but hopefully will have more emotional depth and interactions. It's a good book but it's hard to sympathise for the main character when he does that but then he is taking care of his brother too so it's kind of a grey area there.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Even bad Milligan is pretty alright. I will now be checking out Shadowman though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Is there a reading order you are suppose to follow for Harbingers? Where can I find a read order for books. Reading Harbingers right now.

• Locked thread