Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I loved the original incarnation of Valiant, and I have to admit that this relaunch has actually gotten me back into stores. I've been going on ebay and buying up a bunch of the old books that I miss reading, and I have to say that Unity was one of the best company wide crossovers ever done. I hope this new Valiant can pull off something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I remember picking up the Alpha and Omega TPB back in 1994 because it came with a full sized poster of the giant panel formed (that and I wasn't about to drop the kind of money dealers wanted for the early issues)

Solar was great until Acclaim took over, then it became super cheesy. I picked up a few of the later issues out of the quarter bin a while back and couldn't believe how awful most of the lines got in the end.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
man I had that last issue. Issue 80 of a 4 issue limited series. No clue what happened to it over the years, but I was completely lost with what was going on at the end of the run.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Let us know if you make it all the way through, I've never gotten past the Chaos Saga in most of the books although I did finish XO and Solar and was appalled by how bad they turned out towards the end. The Crossover they did with Image really was a low point too, bad artwork, crappy writing and late books from the Image side ruined it completely.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
They're bringing Shadowman back!

http://ifanboy.com/articles/teaser-valiant-casts-a-shadow/

I always had a place in my heart for Shadowman because it took place in my hometown, I hope this works out well.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I think they got rid of Shooter before they became the biggest indie, I seem to remember his term ending not long after Unity.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I still have my XO ring they sold :3:

Quantum and Woody were my favorite though. I had all the TP's, but then they just stopped and everything started to kinda suck.

I think I still have the old valiant books laying around in a box somewhere. Gonna have to check these guys out. Had no idea they were relaunching.

You got one?! I wanted one of those so bad, but it would have killed my allowance for 2 months when I saw it listed in Advance Comics. I almost got one from ebay a few months back but got sniped at the last second.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Rhyno posted:

It was also used to unify (hence the name) all the books into one universe.

But they'd already done that by having Solar in the 3rd issue or so of Magnus fighting the spider aliens.

The original Unity was WAY better than the other crossovers Valiant put out in the 90s. I ended up picking up most of the books over the years, and I still don't know what the hell was going on with Chaos Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

ruddiger posted:

Just had a "I'm old" moment when a coworker came up to and said "hey did you hear they're adapting that old Nintendo game Turok into a comic book?"

I think I still have my original Turok issues somewhere back home. Which reminds me. I didn't realize until maybe a year or two ago that Deathmate Red actually eventually got released. I just thought it forever existed as an ad for a comic that never got finished.

What's even more ridiculous is that Turok is old as hell, his first appearance was 60 years ago.

• Locked thread