Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Kikkoman posted:

I just bought Harbinger 1-8 and Bloodshot 1-8 for a buck an issue on Comixology. That was surprisingly good stuff! I'm definitely hooked for the Harbinger War event, but isn't 4 bucks an issue a bit much? I guess I'll keep up with it a month late just so I can get the dollar rebate on digital issues.

Did you actually just buy this, or did you get it over the weekend? I was trying to pick these up before the sale ended Sunday, but have been unable to log in until this morning-and I'm not seeing these available for 99¢ anymore. If there's some way to still get these on sale I'd love to know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Kikkoman posted:

Nah, I got it before Comixology poo poo the bed. Sorry!

Well, I had already contacted Comixology support, and they said they would refund me the price difference if I bought them; so I just did that. Hopefully they will come through with the refund...

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Big sale on Comixology through the weekend. Now to try and decide if Shadowman and/or X-O Manowar is worth picking up-any thoughts? I was underwhelmed with the previews of both books that I've read, but it sounds like the books may have gotten better?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Thanks for the feedback, think I'll give X-O a shot, and leave Shadowman out for now. I'm guessing it'll probably go on sale again when they switch creative teams anyways; Valiant seems to be doing that sort of promotional pricing.

Also worth mentioning, issue number one of the original 1997 Quantum and Woody is free-not sure if that's part of the sale or not.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Another Valiant sale on Comixology, they call this one the "Must Read Valiant Sale"-22 issues of various titles for 99¢ each-a pretty good entry point for anyone that's still on the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

The current Humble Book Bundle is a Valiant collection, pay whatever you want for Volumes One and Two of Unity, Quantum & Woody, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, and the PC version of the old Shadow Man video game. Beat the average to add Rai 1-4, Harbinger Wars Volume One, and Volumes One and Two of Shadowman, Eternal Warrior, and Bloodshot with "more comics coming soon!" And if you go over $15 you'll also get a collection of Valiant Masters, which I believe is just a rebranding of the original 90's releases.

• Locked thread