Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Despite having the plot ruined through the trailer and accidentally hovering over the spoilers in the main thread I enjoyed it. The effects were fantastic and even knowing what was coming I still felt a palpable sense of tension.

The lack of character development didn't bother me so much since the film-at least attempts to-broach a lot of really deep questions so there just isn't room for everyone except for Shaw to be an ancillary character and as for Shaw, Noomi Rapace was great and I'm really glad the role went to her as opposed to someone more well-known in the states. The only character that really bothered me was Logan Marshall Green's portrayal of what I can surmise is Dan Cortese if he were a late 21st century archaeologist. Also I never got why he was such a dick to David but getting infected with an alien parasite seems excessive for revenge

Sometimes seems a bit too cramped and when they try give characters a little backstory Idris Elba being an accordion fanatic, Benedict Wong and Emun Elliot being best bros forever though I guess it was cool that Elba was the one who figured out the engineers and purpose of the black liquid seemed unnecessary so it's not perfect but still very worthy of the hype.

4.25/5.0

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU