Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OneEightHundred posted:

Except for not being able to send tells which gimps you pretty hard.

It's also worth mentioning that that any purchase of Paragon Points will permanently make you a premium account and get rid of this restriction. So you can spend literally five bucks (not per month, but total) and have access to basically everything except incarnate trials and the invention system on all your characters forever. Plus use the points you get from your five bucks to buy a costume piece or a powerset or something.

*Note that purchasing Paragon Points may lead to a slippery slope of unrestrained buying including purchasing every poo poo powerset that comes out like Beast Mastery why the gently caress did I buy Beast Mastery and/or buying super packs every time you accidentally click the store button

TalonDemonKing posted:

So hows SJ? I'm really attached to my SS/WP Brute, but I really dislike the rage crashes. Is SJ a good brawler replacement set?

I found StJ to be spectacular on a Stalker and somewhat lacking on a Brute. It's kind of endurance heavy for its damage, paired with having really quick attacks, and on a Brute I was having all kinds of endurance trouble for not really hitting all that hard. On a Stalker, picking up AS which is straight-up awesome these days PLUS which acts as a 2 point combo builder gives the set the power it needs for the cost.

If you're looking for something kind of like SS on a Brute that doesn't have the rage crash, I'd suggest Titan Weapons. I guess it's not a brawler conceptually, but to me it has an SS like feel. It has really good AOE, good single target, and the momentum mechanic makes it interesting to play. It is a bit slow at lower levels until you get the powers to fill out your attack chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
You can use part of that 5 bucks to get a monthly invention license to use IOs too.

Change what I said about looking for teams in Atlas to level 30 then. Or 45. Some pubbies never leave.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Had some fun last night with the Lady of the Lake's hand. :quagmire:

She's good at holding swords.

The geometry isn't right for what I wanted to do, but I guess you get the point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I wanna make a Staff Stalker. What Secondary is better, Electric Armor or Energy Aura?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I wanna make a Staff Stalker. What Secondary is better, Electric Armor or Energy Aura?

It mostly comes down to if you prefer Defense or Resistance. Given your lower hit point pool as a Stalker, Defense is generally better as far as I know, so I'd go with Energy Armor.

I have it on my Staff scrapper and it feels like not much hits me at all.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

StarkRavingMad posted:

*Note that purchasing Paragon Points may lead to a slippery slope of unrestrained buying including purchasing every poo poo powerset that comes out like Beast Mastery why the gently caress did I buy Beast Mastery and/or buying super packs every time you accidentally click the store button

This. I went onto Beta to make a Pee Water Blaster, and since everything is free there, I bought the XP booster, all the Amplifiers, Signature Summon, everything. It was addictively fun rampaging through Steel Canyon wrecking everything in sight, going from 10 to 20 in half an hour soloed. Now I'm going to have the joneses every time I'm soloing on Live. "It's only two dollars, just this once..."

Also, Super Packs have that MtG-ish 'oh God just one more pack!!!' vibe to them. You can't pop just one.

Kheldarn posted:

Electric Armor is Really Awesome. The only hole is Toxic (and the godmode covers that), a passive 30% recharge boost, a self-heal, and past the 20s you'll never, ever run out of END.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Hi posted:

If someone posts one I end up liking enough to actually level up and use I will mail you a pvp 3%.

It's not quite def capped (.6% off S/L, ~7% off of E/N/F/C) but you'll have Dark Regen every 8 seconds, infinite Endurance, and basically be making GBS threads damage left/right/center. You might be able to see some improvements if you're willing to sacrifice some of the Kin. Combats or just by being smarter than me. Edit: Also you have 8 KB protection so you won't waste time on your rear end either.

Click THIS PASTEBIN for your build you jerk. Also you'll have to copy/paste it into a browser to download, not import into Mids.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Virtue is actually one of the better servers for pubbies knowing what the gently caress they're doing in Incarnate Trials.
Well, I just like to be able to jump on and have people willing to try them, I find that it's actually fairly easy to just carry an entire team through them. It's rare that there are enough completely blank people that you can't get them done.. not after all of the nerfs, at least! By that I mean you might end up shouting at chickens with their heads cut off, but if you got all 10 grenades, chances are SOMEBODY will be able to throw one when he's at 15%..

Even if they fail just grinding the XP (especially for the new slot, and merits) is nice, since I can just mail myself threads. And if anybody sticks around, the next attempt(s) go a little faster and smoother.

Hi posted:

Someone post a mids for the most balls to the wall unkillable deathmachine titan wield build that has a damage aura. I dont want fire because I have an irrational dislike for fire aura, but electric for dark armor is good. Money is pretty much not an object, dont make every set purple just to be a douchebag tho.

It needs to be def capped, unkillable, and poo poo damage like a dude thats been a vegan for the last decade and just ate a mcrib.
passtebin

NOT Def capped because I'm bad at math but I originally started building for M/S/L so it's kind of messed up, since TM has Defensive Sweep. Considering the -tohit from the PBAOE you should be good, though.

End cost compared to recovery is a bit high, but should work fine with Accolades and when you get Incarnate powers, you'll have a lot of wiggle room.

I'd recommend Ageless Radial Epiphany for the debuff resistance, and full end bar every 2 min. Since that'll get you fixed up nice you can use Resilient Core Paragon for your Alpha and get a nice boost to your resistance. Alternatively, Cardiac Core Paragon, lower resistances but you can use whatever Destiny you like and still be good.

I've never actually built a TM or DA before so let me know what you think! I'm not even going to attempt to build a def capped EA, but if you want a perma hasten/regen unkillable EA let me know, it does require a bit more work to play than a straight up def capped build but as a Brute, it ends up being a great set for incarnate tanking.

DangerDan posted:

It's not quite def capped (.6% off S/L, ~7% off of E/N/F/C) but you'll have Dark Regen every 8 seconds, infinite Endurance, and basically be making GBS threads damage left/right/center. You might be able to see some improvements if you're willing to sacrifice some of the Kin. Combats or just by being smarter than me. Edit: Also you have 8 KB protection so you won't waste time on your rear end either.
Oops, I interpreted "poo poo damage like a vegan" differently, since the last vegan I knew who ate a mcrib just acted like a crybaby about it. It did strike me as odd that somebody wouldn't want damage to be the main focus of their build!

You're really close to perma-hasten with that build, if you can fit in Cloak of Fear it'll be at the softcap (since enemy tohit decreases) and with perma hasten you'll tear everything up.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 9, 2012

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
It's been a couple of years, nothing quite satisfies and horrifies like a couple of month romp on Virtue. Planning on resubbing, was hoping to get a referral code. Email is ***

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 10, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shaquin posted:

It's been a couple of years, nothing quite satisfies and horrifies like a couple of month romp on Virtue. Planning on resubbing, was hoping to get a referral code. Email is REDACTED

Gotcha covered.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Gotcha covered.

Much appreciated!

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Ah, please add me to the super secret goon channel @Ted Powers please and thanks! I should be on for a good while, yet.

I've started a Radiation/Sonic defender for super debuffs, if there's a need I can do damage or tank, though.. there shouldn't be a problem getting to 50 with those.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Spent all day earlier this morning harrassing roleplayers in Pocket-D. Most fun I had in a while, since people seem to get genuinely offended at it.

Now only if I could get a group of people who actually run Magi all the way through, I'd be set.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

DangerDan posted:

Click THIS PASTEBIN for your build you jerk. Also you'll have to copy/paste it into a browser to download, not import into Mids.

Its a pretty good build, but my TW/WP has more recharge then that build and cant sustain arc/whirling/sweep as a smooth aoe chain, and what is the single target chain supposed to be? without an accuracy in crushing blow its going to miss a lot, that leaving follow through and rend ?

Really would like to find a way to get more accuracy into crushing, and a force feedback recharge proc in whirling at the very least.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Hi posted:

Its a pretty good build, but my TW/WP has more recharge then that build and cant sustain arc/whirling/sweep as a smooth aoe chain, and what is the single target chain supposed to be? without an accuracy in crushing blow its going to miss a lot, that leaving follow through and rend ?

Really would like to find a way to get more accuracy into crushing, and a force feedback recharge proc in whirling at the very least.

Your first mistake was assuming I'm competent when all I'm really good at is slapping poo poo together mister :colbert:

Willpower has a decent number of skippable/low-slot powers while Dark needs a lot more dedication, so you can't expect them to compare in the bonuses department (Dark is still an unkillable gently caress). At this point, you'd have to start picking sacrifices on your own to make such as taking slots out of Oppressive Gloom and putting them elsewhere - TW/Dark is seriously tight as gently caress on slots.

What I'm trying to say is as far as TW/Dark goes, it's very VERY difficult to get Def-capped and have a shitton of recharge to play with.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

TalonDemonKing posted:

Now only if I could get a group of people who actually run Magi all the way through, I'd be set.

You have to bait and switch them.

"Hey guys, that first phase went quick, how about we kill the AVs while we're here, it could be fun :v: "

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

its better to just lie and say something like they hotfixed the trial and there is a significant hybrid exp boost bonus upon completion now to encourage people to actually run the trial, or that excalibur costume that sells for a billion influence now is a guaranteed drop at the end so lets hurry and cash in before the prices plummet!!!

Edit: Aeric shot me a pretty wicked perma hastened TW/Elec build on steam, Im thinking this build contest is over unless someone can come up with something really good real soon.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Hi posted:

its better to just lie and say something like they hotfixed the trial and there is a significant hybrid exp boost bonus upon completion now to encourage people to actually run the trial, or that excalibur costume that sells for a billion influence now is a guaranteed drop at the end so lets hurry and cash in before the prices plummet!!!

Edit: Aeric shot me a pretty wicked perma hastened TW/Elec build on steam, Im thinking this build contest is over unless someone can come up with something really good real soon.

If Aeric sent you one go with it.

Yeah, TW/ELE brutes really can't be beat in terms of that sweet spot of damage and survivability. The only reason I didn't stick with my TW/ELE and went with TW/FA was because I had the suspicion that SS/FA/SOUL could finally be de-throned as the #1 brute DPS (and used to be #1 melee DPS until STJ/EA/LEV with the stalker changes). That suspicion was correct.

The overall DPS difference between a top-end TW/ELE and TW/FA isn't that much though. I think only like 30s on a pylon? Which when mathed out isn't that much actual DPS difference in game.

I'd only do TW/FIRE over TW/ELE if you absolutely MUST have that extra bit of DPS. And well...burn is always freaking sweet no matter what. Your AOE as TW/FA is higher, but TW/X does good AOE regardless so even as TW/ELE you aren't going to be hurting.

Yes, I re-roll/recycle fully T4ed characters for minimal gains. Ugh.

Anyways here is my current TW/FA build running T4 Agility. If the new brute ATO IS a -RES proc and can be stacked with the PVP and Achilles one this will be freaking K-RAD since it will replace the achilles in CB. The chain I run with this build is the same as any other TW, it only changes up for AOE and when BM is active. When BM is active I do: FT RA AOD FT BURN FT. This is the chain I ran when I beat the previous top SS/FA/SOUL time.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...B82C77F89D4EBBB

And I've been messing with the idea of a TW/ELE scrap with Water Spout but after messing with TW/ELE brutes a while back I came up with this after making a first pass after a long time of not looking at the combo.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...638FB1F3E81EF1F

Without looking I'm sure Aeri's is more optimized/efficient but I'd be surprised if the overall numbers and choices aren't similar. After a certain point lots of things come down to play style and preference. I will say though, you WILL need Ageless and want the T4 agility that also give some +end to your end boosting powers. If you try to go for any sort of uninterrupted attack chains (ie. not using power sink) you will want every ounce of +end you can get, even with T4 Ageless. Also, I personally believe the kismet is a MUST in a set like TW. If RA misses it can completely screw you attack rotation.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 11, 2012

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

postin to brag and also to set bmu up to poo poo all over it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Does ~~KEYES~~ ever even get loving run, I do nothing but BAFs and TPNs and want to do the other ones. Kynes apparently gives both Physical and Psychic and weights toward a R or VR, why no love.

vvvv All the important letters were there :(

Patware fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 11, 2012

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
You mean Keyes?

I imagine because Pugging it used to be a giant nightmare and people are still terrified of the idea of a trial they can fail.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Eh, Keyes seems to happen fairly often. More often than most of the later trials, excepting maybe TPN.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Patware posted:

Does ~~KEYES~~ ever even get loving run, I do nothing but BAFs and TPNs and want to do the other ones. Kynes apparently gives both Physical and Psychic and weights toward a R or VR, why no love.

vvvv All the important letters were there :(

TPN is nice due to how many Threads you can get, but Keyes is actually very easy these days compared to what it was. Before the changes I refused to run it, now I don't even mind running one myself.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Tommy 2.0 posted:

If Aeric sent you one go with it.

And I've been messing with the idea of a TW/ELE scrap with Water Spout but after messing with TW/ELE brutes a while back I came up with this after making a first pass after a long time of not looking at the combo.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...638FB1F3E81EF1F

Without looking I'm sure Aeri's is more optimized/efficient but I'd be surprised if the overall numbers and choices aren't similar. After a certain point lots of things come down to play style and preference. I will say though, you WILL need Ageless and want the T4 agility that also give some +end to your end boosting powers. If you try to go for any sort of uninterrupted attack chains (ie. not using power sink) you will want every ounce of +end you can get, even with T4 Ageless. Also, I personally believe the kismet is a MUST in a set like TW. If RA misses it can completely screw you attack rotation.

Your builds are very very similar, he used defensive sweep to mule another lotg but other than that really only a few procs and one slot on the end of some powers were different. That said your suspicions were right and his is a bit more efficient

catsuit judo
Jun 4, 2010

I've only been playing a week and a half and have been kicking through the game on my angry courier (Martial Arts/Willpower). I screwed something up in my initial build and used my second build as a pseudo respec (was level 16 at the time, now I'm 19). Now that I'm learning more about enhancements, I'm glad I did it because my first was full of training enhancements. I use dual origins right now.

I know I'll want to respec either build slot again by the early-mid 20s to use single origin enhancements, so is it more efficient to just do the team missions for the free tokens or buy some in the store? If the trials are better, how hard are they? I think I asked a few days ago in the server help channel and got a kind of vague response I've already forgotten.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

catsuit judo posted:

I've only been playing a week and a half and have been kicking through the game on my angry courier (Martial Arts/Willpower). I screwed something up in my initial build and used my second build as a pseudo respec (was level 16 at the time, now I'm 19). Now that I'm learning more about enhancements, I'm glad I did it because my first was full of training enhancements. I use dual origins right now.

I know I'll want to respec either build slot again by the early-mid 20s to use single origin enhancements, so is it more efficient to just do the team missions for the free tokens or buy some in the store? If the trials are better, how hard are they? I think I asked a few days ago in the server help channel and got a kind of vague response I've already forgotten.

Ask for money in goonsquad chat and someone will probably send you a few millions for SOs.

Also the trials are strictly a level 50 VIP thing. (Unless you mean Death From Below/Drowning in Blood those are just low level team things).

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Given the context, I'm gonna say he means the respec trials, which anyone can do as long as they're the right level. The first one is 24+. They're not difficult at all, but I dunno how much luck you'd have finding people to do them. Ask in GoonSquad chat and some peeps might wanna run it.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 11, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Respecs occasionally wind up being the weekly so you can generally do them then.

SPACE DAD posted:

They're not difficult at all
Actually they're very difficult.... to stay awake in.

They need to cut the wave timers down to like a minute or something.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

OneEightHundred posted:

Actually they're very difficult.... to stay awake in.

They need to cut the wave timers down to like a minute or something.

The Terra Volta respec trials are legitimately some of the absolute worst content in the entire game. It's a pretty in the lead-up but then you get to the reactor and having Posi stand on your nuts would be a better experience.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

catsuit judo posted:

I know I'll want to respec either build slot again by the early-mid 20s to use single origin enhancements,

Er, you know how can just delete an old enhancement by dragging a new one onto it, right?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

catsuit judo posted:

Post your global Ill mail you money for SOs and like the guy above me said, you dont need to respec just put the new enhancements over the old ones.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

Why would I poo poo all over it? That's awesome man.

How long did it take to kill him that way? How many people?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Hi posted:

Post your global Ill mail you money for SOs and like the guy above me said, you dont need to respec just put the new enhancements over the old ones.
Yeah, if there are any other new players who can't afford SOs, you really need to speak up in Goonsquad and ask for some money. Don't feel like you're begging or something, SO money is totally inconsequential for almost anyone with a 50 except maybe FD. Even our stingiest, assholiest players (sup) will spot you a few million inf.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This game is like an itch I have to scratch every few months so I'm coming back to it. My email is jensensan at gmail dot com if anyone wants to do the referral thing.

Aeric
Jul 24, 2007
i eat souls

Slung Blade posted:

Why would I poo poo all over it? That's awesome man.

How long did it take to kill him that way? How many people?

It was a mini, I think around 12 guys with at least 8 of them being debuffers, we took him down with a minute thirty to spare. Leader basically called for lights to go down when he realised we couldn't get the Very Hard Way badge.

catsuit judo
Jun 4, 2010

I am one stupid motherfucker. Thanks for all the responses, I literally had no idea you could replace enhancements like that. I saw that you could combine similar types and assumed that was all you can do, barring respecs or unslotters.

I started the game before I found this thread so I haven't gotten the chance to ask for channel access. My global is @remedium.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

BobbyK posted:

This game is like an itch I have to scratch every few months so I'm coming back to it. My email is not important if anyone wants to do the referral thing.

since nobody else took you up on this, i just did.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I just had the silliest mental image of someone using unslotters on TOs. :v:

Vasbyt-XXI
Jul 22, 2007
Just resubbed a few days ago, would be thankful if anyone saw anyway to improve upon this build for my primary character.

code:
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1519;692;1384;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4E1A511486F73043E9209E454539085641C081697BD59B5E14B56D244|
|127ED5D63A6BA8B440264C0442FFB147D8B3E488F0FD007E8550F974D4FD3357BFD|
|2229934CBEBDD7DAEBB80FF58B5AECF5DECBFB429B7AD076FBFD23E7D8737B3DE98|
|5EB6EB3752C822F427FE24A7E54976D29AD9AEB9DF13035D4D4E40BD9E94BEB5036|
|65477AEEA0D5ED88C946B7DBB6765BCDD341ABD38CAA99D393F224A686FBD2ED917|
|CFA6A7222BDFE69AB97D8E9B58E2D67E0B6CFC8B1D33D6F1FD5DDFE407A97CB944C|
|997E2F22F0F986F8A80B619BE2C63BF03D73B1496ADB10CBA590622DB0D1948D269|
|E686A4DFE80B913818AFC696B6C1F4A8149A6910633CC5DB2D1D99FD05F710C8D64|
|61F6A3871B845C1083593C041DE679849B4B6BC3910FBAB2BFF9067CCB9C2A30178|
|27C53444753F33D323439B66122DF28F28C22EF18F28D21DF1CD94CA0FE899250B2|
|295027DD247493B739E66685F99074D388359D655F338839839873883177D523B29|
|985BFD938F7787981F98874F3E8DBFC52509729FA248BA317F15F21B56EE50F33FD|
|9B99FDCBBCE58302FB4CB64BF0B7845817244BA81DF5C309F8CB0BAEA7087F65F82|
|B234E197E1F93ED2ACEC22AEA4BA2A749D49746BD69F4619D6C52C821F589CFC225|
|C932F093D964D95A112C805BCC6C9EF999DCE560932B733EEB365805B751BFC5DCA|
|7381B6C13DA40FD9BF7829BAB0FF9232644016B0A58B315E80C7DC838F929E1EC96|
|D4D935C4F60178083A4C6D51080BFB65A1BF15F4B5827E56D04F1BFB64A3DFB314A|
|78AB351452E36CE46D218DE6B5D208745C4CC22972DE4923186F7D92F5EDB0553DF|
|17D531893D26B93326B93B26D91F9598BC4B0D63F85A084DAD32674450A5CAE54B7|
|4E45D50DA6FD7124D7FCA95AE3C26E60DF1756CF5F7E8FFEF8AA952F11B51F574A9|
|20CF46C6EEC8F8F9C8587D3F69A76C08FE018EFDEF5C|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

Now I know I've been playing on this server too long. I keep reading it as "Well of the Furries"

• Locked thread