Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I wanna make a Staff Stalker. What Secondary is better, Electric Armor or Energy Aura?

It mostly comes down to if you prefer Defense or Resistance. Given your lower hit point pool as a Stalker, Defense is generally better as far as I know, so I'd go with Energy Armor.

I have it on my Staff scrapper and it feels like not much hits me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I like that you can turn off the giant biomass bits of bio armor. But I do wish you could use the swirly aura that appears before the armor does as the armor instead, that would be pretty awesome.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Don't gently caress around when it comes to robopirates.

I am ready to electronically transfer my space doubloons.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Looks good ont he Bio Armor front.

I've 'The 63rd Rule' lined up for the second contest tonight.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

drat I misread too. I doubt The 63rd Rule would win, but i wanted to be there.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Metrohunter posted:

Global toxic proc on my crab? Hot dog! :fap:

Also, don't know if you saw this one yet

Oh god is that the new version of the black dog? THere will be much wailing an gnashing of teeth.

Course, it probably works just like the carpet of hoverboard, so I could care less.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gynovore posted:

Clue me in here?

I also think the only thing it's ever played is an MA/regen scrapper on every server. They also make really bad comics in poser on deviantart.

Golden Girl is the worst person pretty much. I've had them on ignore for a while now.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Miijhal posted:

One thing that's kind of baffling me about the Blaster changes is that they're amazing as hell but they still leave Blasters way in the back and just make Defenders and Corruptors even more powerful. Is there really any reason for them to do less damage than a number of other archetypes when the entire archetype is built around it and doesn't really get anything else in notable quantities? I mean, it's already been accepted that range usually doesn't provide any significant mitigation, so why shouldn't they be doing more damage than, say, Scrappers, who also get a ton of mitigation and far more health as well?

This is about how Blasters can't easily maintain the level of To-Hit needed for instant snipes right?

Add +To-Hit to Defiance.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Zwill, tell whoever schedules the Weekly Strike Target things to use the ITF every now and again. Haven't had it since January, as opposed to Terra Volta respecs or Renault every month.

God yes, nobody likes Terra Volta.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Could also use the AH to find out what Rare Salvage is selling high and buy a ton of that. Not as much money, but more reliable since you can pick exactly what you need with AE tickets.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

BlueDestiny posted:

What's the consensus on Trick Arrow? I have this wierd fixation with powersets that are awful and I'm trying to top myself by making a Grav/TA controller.

My first 50 was an Archery/TA corruptor, and they're still fairly fun, but the lack of redraw is a big bonus. Not really sure if it's much use on a controller to be honest. You really don't need another ST immob like you'd be forced to take. Basically your primary does most of what TA does, and does it better. And you still rarely take those powers.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TalonDemonKing posted:

I for one want minion customization. Brobot needs to have a fro to pack along side his flamethrower. But then I think the horrors that people would inflict upon Pocket D with their minions.

That link posted earlier said that the primal champion would be along the HEAT/VEAT. Maybe some Hamidon tie in? REAT?

What little we know indicates it's Kheldians done right.

And by right I mean wrong, because it involves shapeshifting and the four-legged rig, presumably.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

See this is just asking for it. I have a Nanoha-inspired costume too sure, but at least I made the effort to make it my own.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

AR is going to come out in a very good spot with the snipe change, so it's kind of a red herring to complain about it losing something distinct.

Yes, but you're a good deal less likely to die because it has a -20% tohit debuff and a huge knockdown chance.

Also if you jackhammer a blue in your inspiration tray, you'll often be able to make it trigger before some of your toggles check their end cost for shutoff.

Honestly Blizzard's the only nuke I don't think they need to remove the crash on, a 500 base damage debuffing knockdown death zone that you can fire around a corner might be the only thing worth dropping my toggles and waiting a few minutes for.

They are also adjusting the other values on said nukes, so they might not be quite as destructive as they are now.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

There are also some new costume packs on beta right now. A pack of Staff Melee weapons with a Naginata and some carnie weapons, and the new bodysuit thing which is basically 4 new kinds of tights, and they look pretty slick.

Also pumped aboutthe i24 overview. It'll be nice to not have the first bonus of every melee set be Immob Resist that melee doesn't need.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 8, 2012

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

If the origin pools are good enough I'll never take a real travel pool again.

Also, two new melee sets? A new Control set? (not that I play control ATs much). Sweet Zombie Jesus.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Played a little bit of Martial Combat on beta. Ki Push is the most trolltastic thing ever, the repel works on AVs, or at least the ones in DFB, and you can just make everything slide/fly around.

Mystic Flight is amazing. Slightly slower Fly, combined with teleport. The other Travel powers from the origin sets will have a hard time keeping up with it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

minimalist posted:

They're store-bought power pools that work like any other (non-epic) pool.

Sorcery has a very nice mix of powers, it's perfect for several of my characters. Cam't wait to see how the others shake out.

Yeah, Sorcery is going to be great on my Dark/Dark troller, who sorely needs a decent ranged attack lower than Poisonous Ray. Hopefully Arcane Bolt will take care of that. And Mystic Flight is a big bonus and pretty fun.

On the DFB I did we couldn't stop laughing at how the Immobilized AVs went sliding around when we used Ki Push. Immobs have -Kb, but not -Repel.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Played the Beta a little bit last night. It's kinda fun having unlimited points to buy XP Boosters and IO sets.

Other than that, Elec/Martial is working out fairly well for my Blaster.

Looking forward to Double XP Shenanigans this weekend too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Subvert posted:

Well drat. I had even thought about WP at first. Regen seemed like it would be nice with a bit of defense and healing. Ah well.

And we need an old-man group to walk around Pocket D to tell all the youngsters how lude their behavior is and to "get a dag-blasted room, for crying out lout!"

Energy Aura is also pretty nice to go with Staff, since it has a +Recharge toggle, you can use the -End Cost or +Damage Forms more readily.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hi posted:

Thought stalker could only use +damage form of staff fighting

On a stalker yeah. Missed that bit. Still, the +Recharge is never a bad thing.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

There's so much rage on the forums about Marauder's face.it's a freaking loading screen.

Also rage about the only 'normal' quiver being T9 only.

Tech knight looks pretty good. I'd probably get mroe mileage out of it than most of the Fire and ice set, which is good because I'll probably only get the Fire and Ice weapons before it's shuffled away.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Wow this is some serious bullshit. I guess the higher-ups think their asian grindfest WoW-clone will somehow make more money than this, even though this has a stable, enthusiastic player base that craps out money for new content.

I shed many a manly tear.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

First off GW2 isn't really a WoW clone, and second off yes their asian grindfests poo poo money, go look at the earnings report. Something like a third of their sales are Lineage 1.

I was referring to Aion mainly, I love GW2. I'm not going to do anything stupid like boycott NCSoft like everyone on the boards is saying.

I just can't comprehend the logic here, how this game could not be making money.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

50 Foot Ant posted:

He's going to loving kill himself.

I wonder if the forum sperglords with their spreadsheets on how the game should be played had "GAME GETS CANCELLED" in their loving computations.

Hey, let's ask Arcanaville if the game is getting cancelled!

I skimmed over the forum thread. Basically "Well miss you!" and "gently caress NCSoft!" all the way down.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think I can bring myself to go to Champions, I played a bit of the Beta and t launch and was terribly turned off by the controls and the graphical style. Somehow their style made it look worse than CoX despite being the newer game.

I had a great time playing this game, much more fun than I ever had when I played WoW. It really brought me down to see that newspost, and I was sad and angry.

I think my best memory of the game is a bit more recent, doing the DA Arcs on my +3 Street Justice/Willpower Scrapper who was all IOed out. I tore through it, and felt loving badass the entire time as I kicked everything from harpies and Romans to Mot int he face. My character PUNCHED her way out of the stomach of a death god. What MMO is going to top that?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I never played PSO, but I did love me some PS4, and PSPortable wasn't bad, but I never really finished it.

But I'm busy enjoying GW2 right now.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'll take an invite to the GW2 Guild. I'm in the main goon squad there though to, so can'tr eally represent. But it's the principle of the thing. I'm Valsione.6035

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hearing about trouble with charges makes me glad my account didn't want to renew til September 14th, and that most of the points I had were from my subscription, good luck getting your cash back guys.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

WeX Majors posted:

I really dig that new face that came with the Dynasty costume set, but I can't help but feel it still looks like a Sticker plastered onto the front of a model.

None of the new faces looked right because they used a different mapping technique. They were all too creepy for me. Granted I only ever used about 6 faces myself, but still.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cuchulain posted:

Yep, long story short, my character has just shy of 50 abilities, 35 or so are abilities I need to hit frequently. They took away my quickbars, leaving me with 24 total buttons. But it's ok, I can buy back the loving quickbars I already had beforehand for only a few dollars for each bar.

Holy gently caress? They're actually gating the INTERFACE? I didn't think EA could get more pants-on-head-retarded but wow. I'm so glad I've stayed far away from TOR.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't been able to bring myself to log in since the sunset was announced, save for taking some screenshots of my favorite costumes. I don't think I'll be able to do it tonight either.

I played on and off for a couple years, and I enjoyed it greatly. I miss it already. No other game has the right combination of fun, community and customization.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm trying to imagine a Superhero game based on Golden Girl's desires...all I can see is a sea of smiley faces.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TalonDemonKing posted:

COs capabilities are definitly stronger than CoH, there are pieces there to take advantage of it (Power armor anything), but the art direction just feels so 'blah' that anything that isn't power armor or NPC items (Normal clothing) looks odd, out of place, and 'unrealistic'

It's weird complaining about realism in a supers MMO; but something about CoH allowed me to suspend my disbelief about Lucifer Morningstar, The Devil (Another one), Not-IronMan, goth/vampire/400 year old/4ft tall/all mighty vampire, and a robot-bum are knocking over a bank to get some quick cash.

That really was the best thing about CoX. If you joined random teams for arcs or radio missions, you'd get the weirdest mishmashes of concepts. And it worked beautifully because they were all just as effective as another regardless of appearance.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Mind over Matter posted:

Ugh, yes. Me too. I miss it so much in short bursts of sadness.

Yesterday I wanted so badly to log into my Kin/EA scrapper and shoot Hadokens at Time Nazis. :smithicide:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dinictus posted:

Whoa, whoa, what has happened/is happening to Guild Wars 2, and what did NCsoft do to that once-precious cash cow to gently caress it up and over?

Other than hiring someone from Nexon to manage monetization and the dev team making the best content only last a couple of weeks?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

General Maximus posted:

Edit: Regarding scrapperlock, I believe the official definition at least at one point was 'The point at which you stop aggroing mobs and they instead aggro you.'

Pretty sure I got to that point more than once with my Street Justice/WP Scrapper. But then, WP was the best at Scrapperlock pretty much.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Warcabbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCw_aAS7vWI

Submitted entirely without comment for opinions.

Pretty sure that was done with Miku Miku Dance, the models certainly remind me of it anyway.

They did a whole anime series in that, so why not.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TalonDemonKing posted:

I just had a weird idea come to me.

Anyone here played XCOM? We have a thread for it in games proper; but it has a sort of unique system in that it divides the game into two main parts -- a Geoscape (Strategic) and turn based game (Tactical). The geoscape basically acted as a way to obtain your tactical missions, as well as improve your tactical mission, as well as having its own game built in. The better you did in Strategic, the better your Tactical would be, with the inverse also being the same.

I wonder how hard it would be to fit this idea to a villain-type game. Champions already did personal bases, but didn't do much with them (Although the Moon base and the apartments were really neat). Being able to build your own base, from scratch, then upgrading it further and further is something that appeals to me. Robbing banks to provide money for upkeep until you can get your own generators (That you might have to steal; or create). Getting your own factories or training center for mooks; holding fights in your own base whenever you're discovered; robbing musuems to hang up paintings in your lounge. The base itself could be an additional source of quests; since things like upkeep or research could provide an endless source of procedurally generated content.

I guess CoX already did something like this with the supergroup bases; but it was less involved and more 'pool prestige; buy everything, forget about it'

There was a mediocre game called Evil Genius that did something like this. The main focus was buildinga base to generate money and such, and to trap unsuspecting james Bond type agents. The world overview was mostly limited to sending your agents out on missions.

It was cute game, but it never really took off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I just finished SR3, which was glorious. I wish I could afford SR4, but I just can't when I KNOW there will be DLC and an eventual game of the year edition.

• Locked thread