Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing FFXIV for the last two weeks and goddamn do I miss this game. The pet class only gets one pet. I miss Danny Trejo, my thug mastermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Mastermind was seriously the most fun I ever had playing a MMO. Is there any other game that has anything comparable?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, FFXIV still has plenty of gold spammers, I blocked 5 or 6 just in the two hours I played this morning.

As for assholes in CoX, we didn't have to deal with them, because they were all in goonsquad with us :3:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

Only a handful of people really got hardcore into farming that I remember. I almost never did it but there were always goons on to run whatever task force or just to make a bunch of new characters and tear through 20 levels in an hour.

Yeah, the thing I remember most is, "Hey, I just rolled up a new alt!" And then you suddenly have seven fresh level 1's all in a group. Possibly all in gimmick costumes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

WeX Majors posted:

All this last page wants me to do is roll up a say...Plant/Nature Controller call her "Organic Farmer" and then spend every nanosecond in a group complaining about GMO's and how all of this spandex being made is ruining the Natural Order of things and poo poo.

Oh god, the macros you could make from Food Babe articles alone :allears:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't see why you couldn't just have multiple hitboxes all linked to the same health bar to prevent that.

\/\/\/\/Hi Tommy!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 10, 2015

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Why even play a level 50 unless it was team up and a be a doof with your friends? Rolling another alt was the post game content :shrug:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

LordSaturn posted:

You seem to make a lot of decisions based on where you would or would not put your dick. Do you vote that way too?

I don't care who brings it back, I would/would not join based on whether there was a goon population large enough to support the best content in the game, which is "hey let's eight of us roll new characters and play as a party until we get bored".

This is the correct answer

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Angrymog posted:

One of the things I'm hoping for is that you keep the city ethos of the powers you pick at level one remaining useful all the way to the top, and no visible equipment locked to stats.

This. No equipment and 3 on 1 being the base combat difficulty was what really set coh apart

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Use crafting for quality of life temp powers or costume effects? I didn't mind the enhancements, maybe use drops to craft them? Idk, beating up hordes of bad guys was always enough for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\/\ yes, I don't have to worry about someone grabbing Badger Badger.

Warcabbit posted:

Yep.

That's basically how I intend to do things. Wanna just punch poo poo with explosions? Do it. Want to pause and spend some time focusing on things? Do that.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of the first kickstart we, but I'll be looking out for your second one.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 2, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

excessionoz posted:

How did you handle Altitis?

I was terrible at it; In that I had 130 or so active characters, 65 deleted characters (up to level 42, many of them below 10). All in one account, I never did go down the (insane) multiple account path.

At the time I quit, I had three accounts. All full, but I only ever played on the goon server.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh of course, I'm not saying he never had any good ideas (like I'm not saying Koster never has any good ideas). The things about early COX I disliked and attribute to him (again, whether or not this is fair) are

- 3 minions = 1 hero as the baseline, although I recognize you have to make a balance point somewhere and it isn't going to please everyone, whatever it is

What was wrong with that? Too low? Having the default pull be more than a single mob was super fun for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Yes it was too low, and yes pulling singles a la Everquest can gently caress itself in the rear end forever and ever

Okay, that is an opinion I can get behind!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Warcabbit posted:

All details are in flux and not to be taken as gospel, but basically, whatever you pay for the box, you will get both as free months of subscription _and_ as cash shop money. So, $50/box, 3 months sub, plus $50 cash shop. (Or maybe $30, but at least that much)

We're gonna really, really need a cash infusion at launch, and 'box' purchase is a way to get it.

Of course, this is subject to revision, and based on what we promised people for the KS.

It is possible the box at launch will be $15, have a free month, and $10 in the cash shop. Really depends on how things go.

The core point is that we will provide value for whatever we ask you to spend, one, and two, we will have a box fee like any other major MMO.

Three: We will provide plenty of value even without spending in the cash shop.

As far as buying a box being out of date, while I understand it may be old fashioned, it seems Wildstar, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, TSW, GW2, and most other major MMOs seem to do it.

We are continually watching the market and remaining adaptive. Whatever we can afford, we will do.

E: Oh. Mandatory subscription. No, no. Optional subscription. Allows access to Test, and $15/mo in cash shop money and minor perks like that. Early access to power sets... we've got some ideas, but we're going to see how things look before firm commitment.

well gently caress, I'd drop that a month on f2p if it was good anyways. Getting added benefit from the subscription fee seems like a win to me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gently caress, I wasn't 5ing. Rip Badger Badger

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i don't have any of my CoH screen shots. I suppose I could look in the archives for any of the megathreads I made, but who knows if those image links would be any good. Blast from the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
God drat, this was the best Goonsquad. Maybe the beta/ preNGE Star Wars Galaxies GS was as awesome, but that's it. CoH was the only MMO I managed to play for more than a year and at one point I had three accounts, mostly filled with Professor *adjective describing powerset* characters and I played until just before Going Rogue launched. Badger Badger was my main, you guys rocked.

• Locked thread