Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
TrackDaze is another group that runs a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Unless you ever want to drive in NJ, which has legislated the requirement for closed face helmets.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

j3rkstore posted:

Disregard this, get a full face with a visor.

Here's a video from this weekend at Summit Point, I bet he wishes his visor was down:

At Barber last month, I was using a full face helmet with the visor up (temperature was mid-upper 90s) and sunglasses on. While going through the hairpin one lap, something (rock, marble, etc.) made it through the car's open window and through the open visor slot to hit me in the cheek. Luckily it wasn't half an inch higher, and luckily I had sunglasses on.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Dave Inc. posted:

Starting Tuesday I am doing the three-day high performance course at Mid-Ohio Raceway.

I am an excited man.

Has anyone done the courses there? Anything to expect?

Mid-Ohio's an awesome track. The Mid-Ohio School has some impressive faculty, but when I took their 2-day class in 2006 the instructors didn't get in the car with you. So the on-track learning you have to pick up through follow the leader exercises. They do break the track down corner by corner and practice that way before sending you out for open laps, but having an instructor in the car for immediate feedback is more helpful to me. If you're close to MidO, AudiFest does an event there every year around the 4th of July. Keep me posted if you're interested and I'll forward you the application next year.