Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

When are you required to have a roll cage? I got the impression it was just with certain clubs or series, or when you started doing wheel to wheel, but I really have no idea. I've read a lot of conflicting information on the safety of cages in cars you're going to be driving on the street, and there's no way I'd want a cage in even my weekend/fun car if it meant it was unsafe to be driving around without a helmet.

Maybe a better question is if there's a point in trying to compromise and have a track car / weekend driver, or if you really need a dedicated track car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

MY Z has 120k miles on it and a lot of the bushings are shot. Nissan doesn't make replacements, they want you to buy new compression rods/etc, so I was looking at aftermarket replacement bushings. Whiteline makes a full set, and SPL makes spherical bearings to replace some of the bushings. Ignoring NVH issues, are there any positives/negatives over going with spherical bearings over polyurethane bushings? The consensus on the Z forums is that the SPL bearings are better replacements for certain pieces, like the compression rod bushing.

I'm wondering if the wear will be drastically accelerated on the spherical bearings over poly bushings, or if there's potential problems I'm not aware of. My car is stock ride height, FWIW. I figured the track day thread would have more experience regarding these issues.