Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
So, my dad and I along with a couple of family friends are doing a LeMons race for the first time in about 2 months.

We got a 1980's Mazda RX7 that has a decent looking body (save a couple of BAD rust spots) and an... eh. engine (luckily all fixable things).

Now, I understand the whole spirit of the LeMons thing, and I think my dad does too, but not as much as I would hope. He's wanting to swap carbs and do this, that the other thing (mostly replacing parts with new parts).

What I'm worried about is 1) exceeding the perceived 500 dollars and getting docked laps and 2) getting the car crushed inbetween days.

What cars usually get the axe? How stringent are the inspectors usually with things like this?

We're super pumped about doing this, but I don't want to show up and immediately be labeled as Those Guys and have the car get destroyed after just one day of racing.

edit: I can show some pictures, like of the HUGE ant colony under the carpets that we killed with WD-40 :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU