Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
get some Puma Liga's, Adidas Samba's or even some of the regular K-Swiss shoes to practice heel/toe. Don't wear some big cross trainers or anything.

If you are really badass you practice in some sweet loafers like Ayrton Senna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

How do you like these guys compared to Hooked On Driving? I need to go back to Thunderhill at least twice this year, hopefully.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've done BMCCA and HOD events at Thunderhill along with some SCCA auto-x at various NCAL locations. I do like the fact that the BMWCCA events require newbs to at least take their Car Control Clinic first (I did the Marina, CA one back in 2008) and get a proper inspection but yeah, it's pricy.

HOD I liked a lot and they were quick to sign you off solo if you weren't a tweaker or obviously deranged. I targeted their Friday events as they were much lighter in attendance and you could get in many sessions.

I will keep NCRC in mind although have concerns with open passing if there are a bunch of moufbreathers in 80's Camaro's there.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Do they make Koni Sports for the E21?

You can almost make a cheap pseudo-coilover with those and H&R springs, I have them with my sport springs and it's great to be able to dial them back down for street use - at least the fronts (you can only adjust rears when off unless you spring for pricey TC Kline version.) I also think you'd be fine with the H&R Sports.