Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Will this tire pass tech? I hit a curb and it took a chunk out of the rim protector on the side wall, but the tire is still good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I guess I live life in the danger zone as I don't mind driving on it.

I will have to get new tires I guess. Are the DZ101 good track day/commuter tires

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Stardotstar posted:

It's like the town of Mulsanne suddenly disappearing off the map... Oak Tree was the name of the corner, a landmark the track was literally built around, and it won't be the same track without it.

I liked the idea of harvesting that wood for trophies won at the track... seems like the competition for the trophies would honor the tree and all those who raced in its shadow.

A question for the Lemons/Chumpers out there: would you consider buying a used crapcan racecar on craigslist? Is the initial build process necessary?

I bought a used lemons car off craigslist. It had a big "hayes cages" sign on the side and the ad said "professionally built cage", so I figured it was fine. Turns out the cage was garbage, and I ended up having to scrap the car. I couldn't really see it because it had all the padding in place, and since I didn't know what to look for, I got scammed.

you need the same amount of knowledge for buying a used crapcan as you would building a new one. I tried to shortcut it and got screwed.