Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Any tire recommendations for someone who shredded a set of RT660s in like 3 hours? I need something a little harder until I can learn to be smooth in this car but all the tires I'd think of as a next step in that direction aren't available in 205/50R15 (or 15s period for that matter)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's an 09 Accent I've done a mild build on so definitely not super piggy. I was for sure overdriving it (One 110hp momentum car in a field of high-end not-quite-supercars, the next slowest car was an RS5 and the rest were GT3s and stuff, it was hard not to try and chase them with the car handling as well as it was). This track is also notoriously hard on LF tires (the only one I actually wrecked, the other 3 are beat up but still fairly usable) since every fast corner is a right hander and the asphalt at this track is pretty abrasive right now according to the instructors.
I was fairly confident in my setup but I haven't racked the car to verify yet and I'm now thinking I should. RS4s will hopefully get in before the next event but I may not be able to rack it until after. Fingers crossed.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah -2.5 front camber is as much as I could safely get from filing the knuckle/strut pinch bolt holes and it does seem like I could use some more. I can probably get another .75 degrees by shifting the strut hats over, or maybe look into making my own camber plates for more?
I have a fair bit of rear bar and stock front because I'm going for the old FWD loose front/stiff rear trick and I don't want to play with spring rates until I run RAD in Edmonton because there's a bastard of a bump before their super-fun chicane and I want to know how it soaks that up before I adjust there, but yeah it may come to that.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Oh yeah, 'bring a jack and impact' is definitely on my to-do list as well. As is 'pay more attention to the drat rubber so you can catch it before the cords come out to say hi', also a small compressor/inflator because I dropped pressure the first couple sessions but it suddenly got very cold and I think that's a huge part of why I was running up the sidewall.