Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Seattle goons, I'll be cone dodging at Evergreen Speedway Autox as much as I can. Hoping to have my suspension/fluids/etc done by the 23rd. I'll be out their in the yellow MR-2 Spyder.

Usually, you get 3 session of 4 one minute runs plus some overtime at the very end. kinda a mini road course with cones and a flying start.

Schedule: https://evergreenspeedway.com/autocross/autox-schedule/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Killhour, consider directional tires you can flip. You’ll have twice as many outside edges .

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Then get 3* of camber, throw cash at it (just go through tires quick) or do go karts

Cant be a cake eater

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
I vote going full track rat and get a kswapped Fit. Easy on tires, can haul everything to the track, room for big guys, rips

For that 35k you could have a fun car, and enough cash for hella track time

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Roman Rambo posted:

I got some fresh vinyls for the shitbox. Gonna look sweet plodding slowly at the back now.

What’s the best way to get custom vinyls?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
The abs in my spyder is pretty bad with ice mode. Wtf Toyota, loving chumps

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

BlackMK4 posted:

That sucks, I was hoping I wouldn't need to bring a spare with me

Video from today, enough for another set of tires via contingency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx9NCeMTEEg

I see you are running 255 on 9.5, have you ever played with 245 on 9.5 or 255 on 10? like back to backs. I've been running a little stretched in autox (205 on 8, 225 on 9) per a lot of grassroots articles/ scuttlebutt. I'm just curious if you (or anyone) has anecdotal about tire to rim size.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

ThirstyBuck posted:

TLDR: do you love your RS4s and did you notice a difference installing lighter wheels?

Honda whisper has a great response. rs4 are good tires. There are a lot of very good tires if you are not being competitive.

My additional thoughts are, if you are looking for a tire to put down laps and raw time is not your current goal, maybe consider Michelin pilot sport 4s since they wear well, you can get at Costco on sale and have good traction in the wet.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

track day bro! posted:

I'm hoping they won't wear that badly on an 86, although tbh they weren't that bad price wise here. Like maybe a bit more than a full set of ps4's in the same sizes.

Gonna be doing my first few days on completely std suspension in this car anyway, as it seems silly to just start throwing parts at it. Although I have done a few things which are just cooling and braking related so you know, the basics.

I do have a set of KWV3's to go on down the road, but I'll need some other bits and bobs to get the camber I want out of the car anyway. Then maybe I'll go with a set of AD09's as I really liked the old AD08R which I really liked on the mr2 and they wore pretty well.

how much camber can you get with two dot crash bolts in an 86?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Data Graham posted:

This is p cool

Saint Louis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

BlackMK4 posted:

lol honestly I expected the car to do a 1:50, I cannot believe how fast it is for what it is. The irritating part is that making it competitive in a class is going to be expensive... like $25k expensive unless I break my long standing no purple tire pact.

what would you have to do/ how fast is that class?

very cool!