Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
Getting ready to do my second track day. My first was running Streets of Willow Counterclockwise; we are running it clockwise this time. I felt pretty good in my last two sessions, but seeing as how the track will be completely different this time around am I better served running in the beginner group again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

aventari posted:

Ready for my $300 E30's first track weekend at Streets of Willow Springs, just added some DIY Home Depot brake ducts
If you're doing the daytime sessions on 7/7, I'll be running in the beginner group in a white MINI Clubman. Come and say hi; I'll give you some Gatorade. The regional MINI club will be there with about a dozen or so cars running in the various groups.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Crustashio posted:

I had V12s out on one track day in my 328is and I wasn't really a fan. They squealed like hell even though I wasn't near the limit, and the treadblocks made the steering feel quite vague.
I agree, there's something about this tire that just makes the steering response a big sluggish. Ultimate grip isn't too bad (better than the Bridgestone RE760 I had before) and they do better with much less air pressure than I was used to.

I ran a more or less brand new (less than 500 street miles) set last Saturday at Streets of Willow. I did about 30 laps, weather was 100+ degrees. I could get another 5 days out of them, easily.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Has anybody here ever owned a go kart? An opportunity came up for me to get a good deal on one and I was wondering about the logistics and cost of storing and transporting it.

Or basically, is it worth it? I live in Southern California and I think there are a couple places within a couple hours drive that have tracks.