Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Not sure if this counts, but got back from the Nurburgring last week. Probably one of the best experiences of my life.

Ended up blasting down the autobahn in an Opel Corsa which I maxed out at 180km/h.

Rented the "Stage 3 Suzuki" which was stripped interior with Recaros and on R888s. Also, it was pink.

Did 6 laps. The first 2 with a client of my company who happens to have done 1000+ laps of the ring. He was a HUGE help; I can't imagine just trying to go out blind. I couldn't stop grinning everytime I realized I was on THE Ring. He ended up taking us out in his bone stock base Audi TT on street tires and passed EVERYTHING on the track except for an R8 GT3. It's amazing what a great driver can do in an average car.

About 2 minutes after that picture was taken a new Jag convertible comes down that corner with flames coming out from under the car. People started screaming at him but he thought everyone was cheering him on so he just waved and gunned it. Rounded the corner and we lost sight until we noticed a cloud of smoke. Decided to see what happened and saw this.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Did a bunch of laps of the Ring this weekend:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

NinjaTech posted:

I picked up a Spec Miata in Reno 2 weeks ago for $5k and raced it last weekend at The Ridge in Shelton, WA. It's a 1.6 that came with 2 sets of wheels with toyos on them. It also has a Sparco ADV seat, racepak G2X data logger with predictive lap timing (need to learn how to use the timer), SPX intake and some exhaust system that I can't remember who made it. I ran in ITA and only got last by .5s. I was also about 6s off the midpack SM pace. I think it was pretty good for a first outting and having my seat too far back. I'm extremely happy with the car. It's much easier in every way than my F500 car. I want to get it painted up and redo all the decals before next season. White is just boring and some of the decals are messed up at the very least.

Whoa. Any chance I can come out with you some time and drive some laps? I've been considering buying a track car specifically for The Ridge.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

NinjaTech posted:

Sure. I told a couple friends they could run in ITA next season while I run in SM, they just need their SCCA licenses. I haven't worked out the best way to split costs yet though.

Let me know. You could do a lap in the Lambo but it probably wouldn't be very exciting.