Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Two questions:

1. Recommendations on dashcams? Looking for something somewhat fancy. My buddy's Corvette has built in recording that shows speed, accel %, RPMs, gear, etc and I want it.
2. Who was the rear end in a top hat at COTA last week in the orange Lambo doing seriously dangerous poo poo in the intermediate group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

SlapActionJackson posted:

If you want full data overlay and are ok with spendy, aim solo dl + smartycam.

Maybe the same Lambo that was a problem child the week before, too? What group was at cota last week? the answer is always to talk to the CDI when you see something dangerous going on

Thanks for the req, I'll check those out!

I was with Edge Addicts on March 2nd. Someone in an orange Lambo, in yellow group, was just doing really stupid poo poo. Almost hit me and 2 other cars at turn 12.

Definitely reported him but not sure what happened.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that's kinda Edge Addicts' brand.

Do they actually have a bit of history or reputation? This was just my 4th time, 1st time running solo without an instructor - I've had great experiences so far.

Are there other groups that run track days at COTA?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Disclaimer: I instruct with PCA, which has a heavy emphasis on the educational aspect of HPDE (and a mountain of rules & regs to show for it). I have not run a weekend with Addicts but I know a couple of PCA instructors who tried a weekend with them and felt that there wasn't enough emphasis on instruction and enough of their soloed drivers had fast cars instead of fast skills to be concerning.

Other options at COTA: https://hpdejunkie.com/locations/circuit-of-the-americas/
Of those, PCA and Chin run instructed DEs. I'll obviously endorse PCA, but Chin is fine, too.

Does PCA only do full weekends? I can't just do a single day?

Just looking at the schedule for Chin I like it more already, I end up waiting up to 3 hours sometimes with Edge Addicts because they have so many groups (and last weekend had multiple black flags).