Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Had an interesting weekend at the dragstrip this past Friday and Saturday night. Had my first perfect light (left):

Too bad I broke out by more than 1/10, and that was even after stabbing the brakes after the 1000' mark since I could see I was way ahead of the other guy. This was the Super Chevy Show at Bandimere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado - 5800 ft above sea level at the track. Between practice/qualifying and 3 separate races, had a total of 9 passes down the track between the two days. Finally got in a groove for launching the car - all 9 passes had RTs less than .100 seconds off the light (and two red lights, once in practice and one in a race. Whoops.)

The next challenge is predicting how the car will run. Still NA, but as the air gets cooler the car will run markedly faster - in 90 degree weather with DAs between 8500-9000 feet, I run a 14.2xx or so, but after the sun goes down and the DA gets back around 8000 I can run 13.7xx if I'm not careful. Big swings (as seen in the slip above) are becoming a little more predictable, so at least I'm starting to narrow down the variables.

Of course when I drop a Procharger on the car this winter this all goes out the window. :suicide: But power! Hoping to put the car into the 11s, which at this altitude would be pretty respectable for a 2-ton sedan.

Edit: Fun practice run, my car versus friends' (wife driving) CTS-V coupe. Yay supercharger whine!

Tremek fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU