Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That’s more of used car prices are dumb as hell. Unfortunately the GT86 is still kinda pricey, NC Miatas crashed a little bit.

E46 330i’s in serviceable conditions can still be found reliably (reliable? lol) for around ~5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I’ve seen people have good results with vinyl tiles as shims.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
gopro with a mount that doesn't vibrate like mad?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's an extra step, and it seems that all of the apps have caught up by now, but an option is to use something like RaceRender to do the overlay in post.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I wouldn't trust the GPS on a Gopro lol

I've heard nothing but good things about the AIM Solo 2 DL, it just werks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hawk Blues are more robust than HP+; however, the compound is old old old old old (and probably shouldn’t be used on track, much like the HP+).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'd trust the Blues over the HP+, my comment was more of "don't use HP+ at a track day and don't use Hawk Blues unless if you got a brand new set for like $5".

In the case of the HP+, 800F ain't that hot; a Miata on 200TW tires can get them out of bounds.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Depends on the manufacturer, jesus christ

Carbotechs are/were notorious for how finicky they were about bedding in procedures and making sure that the transfer layer was good.

On the other hand, Hawks DGAF and I would swap out DTC-60s and HP+ regularly on the fronts.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

225/45R17

big emphasis on the "225"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Do you have a spare set of wheels for your Mustang yet? If so, grab DTC60s set and forget.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol "accelerate from the crash" in the wild

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I’d look into something like a Spec E46 (or a truck+trailer if you don’t have one).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

McTinkerson posted:

Nah, ChampCar is legit and has a very very different vibe to LeMons. It'll be fine.

Edit: That is awesome and I can't wait to see it on track.

lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That's interesting that the rulebook is now looking at shaft diameter for shocks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Brakes are free?

E: how are tires pointed? Width + compound?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BlackMK4 posted:

[brakes/tires stuff]

Did you have to remove the Stoptech kit to be legal? I think this is where I was getting a bit confused as to why you didn't have points for Xidas; the Nanking AR1 and Maxxis RC1 are both 1.6 points. I'll have to look at the rulebook sometime this week.

It's interesting to see how the rulebook has changed, though. Rest in pizzas 225s on a 9" wheel lol.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You’re not setup for the track; get another car or do buckets

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Isolationist posted:

Not sure who pissed in your cornflakes - you started dipping a toe in the water by going full racecar?

I did 2 HPDEs in a bone stock NA Miata. I used the insurance payout when a neighbor totaled the car that Christmas to buy a suspension (sway bar, coilovers, wheels, etc.).

The next HPDE I attended, I spent the entire weekend with my knee in the door card and holding onto the steering wheel to keep myself in the seat.

The next time I took it on the track, I had buckets and 6 points.

I have no patience for people getting cute when it comes to safety stuff. The point of safety gear is to prevent injury or death When Something Goes Wrong; as far as I know, nobody goes to a track day planning to crash.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I’d be interested in what you have to say about the k24 swap issues

I’m looking to get back into things and I’m idly looking at NCs and ZZWs… I have some apprehension about the MR2 because it’s struts on all 4 corners…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
that review of the ft86 xidas solidifies my thought that I don’t want to deal with a platform that doesn’t have xidas available