Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

nVortex posted:

I think the problem is I'm used to having my heel as an anchor point on the floor to smoothly control braking.

I entirely expect someone will tell me I'm doing it wrong for some good reason I haven't yet figured out, but I was never able to "get" heel-toe. Instead I put my foot on the right side of the brake pedal and sort of rock it over sideways to hit the gas pedal for the throttle blips.

It's probably not ideal in a track situation, but it allows me to downshift cleanly while wearing steel-toe boots which are pretty much the opposite of good driving shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dave Inc. posted:

Starting Tuesday I am doing the three-day high performance course at Mid-Ohio Raceway.

I am an excited man.

Has anyone done the courses there? Anything to expect?

Let us know how you like it, I'm really curious as I'm just up in Medina about 45 minutes away and love the track.