Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Fuckin' give us Rome 2 or Medieval 3 already. And make it good. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The siege AI was always dumb as a bag of bricks though.

"We have a ladder up! everybody abandon all other siege equipment and run for the ladder!" :downs:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

"Why are we all standing around not using the siege equipment while the defenders fill us full of arrows and bolts and bullets?"
"I dunno." :downs:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Shorter Than Some posted:

Frankly I never could get the hang of sieges in Shogun to the point where I probably actually found them harder to defend than just a plain field battle of comparable force balance. Sieges in Medieval and earlier were gamey as hell but they could feel pretty epic sometimes. I never got that feeling with shogun 2.

I always got way worse results than auto-battle in siege attacks in Medieval 2 because the pathfinding AI was so terrible once you were in the city. Your dudes would just run back and forth and bump into each other and get slaughtered by that one last unit of spearmen in the town square. :argh:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I hope they bring back burning pigs and arcani.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

toasterwarrior posted:

I want it so that when war dog units get their armour or weapons upgraded, the dogs get the upgrades, not the handlers. Yes, I want dogs wearing chainmail and claw gauntlets.

And berserkers to become even more swole when they get armour upgrades.

All barbarian units get bigger beards with every upgrade. Barbarian generals are basically Cousin Itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

So about 40 turns into my second campaign, and I'd like to poll the thread on specializing commanderies for money. In my experience it seems like industry (and state workshops in particular) is good in basically every city, commerce is only good if there's a commerce related resource attached, and peasantry seems basically useless. I had enough trouble with huge public order deficits just from population in my first campaign, I can't see how you're ever supposed to fit tax collecting into a city without it blowing up every 3 turns.