Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I want to play Pharaoh despite the negative reviews. I haven’t played Troy or 3K, so the engine or ‘just Troy dlc’ complaints are not a big concern (ignorance = bliss). Everything else is though- how much would I still regret it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Shame then, I was interested in Egypt but I’ll just play Troy and figure out the right price to actually play Pharaoh. I found it for $32 US but I’d rather wait for a sale on some site I’m more confident about.

Thinking about it, I might actually have that free copy of Troy on the epic game store, where I’ve never launched any game.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

I vaguely recall enjoying siege battles in Shogun 2. Despite the multiple walls it felt a lot more open in a way, iirc there weren’t a lot of structures behind the wall. And I couldn’t remember any of the siege or artillery units like mangonels without working at it.