Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
Which mods would you recommend for Napoleon? I want to play as a small nation, but tweak vanilla a bit. How does the Napoleon: All in One Mod fair out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

SeanBeansShako posted:

I personally suggest The Rights Of Man.

Also, speaking of weird Empire era stuff remember when your dismounted dragoons would lose a horse to a stray musket or cannon shot and the entire regiment refused to climb back onto their equines in a weird ceremonial display of mourning sort of way?

Welp, I installed The Rights of Man and this happened:

Here's the charge!

1 Unit regiments ahoy! But seriously, anyone know what's up with this?

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

SeanBeansShako posted:

The recent out of the blue DLC packs for NTW has hosed up most of the Napoleon mods. Man I'm not going to envy CA's people during this conference.

Welp, I uninstalled Nappie and got Fall of the Samurai. 20 gig monster and I'm at 17%, but gently caress I want to decimate hordes of samurai with the gatling.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

The Kins posted:

I don't think this has been posted yet...

The latest issue of Australian games mag PC PowerPlay has this on its back page:
[timg][/timg]

They correctly teased Dead Souls PC in a similar fashion and they've had lots of Total War news in the past. And apparently there's supposed to be a Total War announcement at Rezzed on July 6...

Yes! poo poo is going to rock! CA can take their sweet time on it, I want this to be perfect.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
Playing Shogun 2 FotS made me want to watch The Last Samurai again and I just finished the movie up.
Holy poo poo does it make me want to side with the shogun, sending waves of spear men and katana wielding samurai. However, I'm in the middle of a campaign with an Empire aligned faction.
This always happens haha. I was in the middle of a Gallic campaign in Rome TW then I watched Centurion. I stopped in the middle of invading Germania, and started a Julii campaign to take over Britannia. drat movies.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

UberJumper posted:

So apparently Darth Vader the author of Darth Mod just quit the modding scene forever:

https://www.facebook.com/DarthMod/posts/146924002116188?notif_t=feed_comment

What did CA do to "devalue his efforts"?

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
I really love the work they've put into the models of the buildings.
Hnnnng'd hard at the temples, the port, the buildings in general.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

All my hnnnnnnnnnnnng.
The game is coming along so nicely. It looks like a culmination of all they've learned from the previous TW games. There's the quick unit responsiveness, stylized unit cards, awesome voices. The only part of the video that bothered me was the unresponsiveness of the commentator, but I understand he did that to showcase more of the game.
Also, is it just me or am I hearing the same horn blasts from Shogun 2?

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
I'm finally building a gaming rig and the battles are going to be glorious. Ultra everything, biggest unit sizes, all that. Are there any mods that make the unit sizes ridiculous for Napoleon?

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables

Tomn posted:

There really is a visceral sort of pleasure in seeing your troops getting more and more armor piled on until your spear militia have chainmail shirts and metal helmets and look like they're fit to stand in the line against proper troops. I hope something similar appears in Rome 2 - it's just FUN to see your troops get shinier as they get better.

I never noticed that unit upgrades were actually visible in the battles on the original Rome because I rarely zoomed in to see battles except during the beginning of my first campaign. It's something I would have really appreciated back then.
There's still Rome 2 coming up though. I can't wait to see my legions upgrade from chainmail to the sexy lorica segmentata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
I grew bored of Shogun 2: FOTS vanilla a couple of months ago. Normal was fine, but I was too pussy to move on to hard. Today I decided to give Darth mod a try, and holy crap it's awesome. Sieging is much more challenging now with the increased garrison size, and the other small updates make the game overall much more fun. I came out of an even sized fight victorious, but at the cost of over half my men. This prevented me from successfully sieging the castle I was aiming to take over, making me completely change my game plan.
This'll definitely keep me busy until Rome 2.