Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Reinstalled the original Shogun 2 after a few months of not playing it and whatever the latest patch was caused the game to crash to desktop right when I'm about to attack an opposing army during the actual battle. I've updated all drivers and everything and the forums have been no help :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Thanks Steam for giving me two identical 75% off coupons for Shogun 2 which I already own. I've got two to give away for free if anyone was on the fence about buying this game and was waiting for a price drop.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Alchenar posted:

That's kinda the point. It's literally a 'please do some word of mouth promotion for us' publicity campaign.

It's really smart too.

Yeah it is. all 7 coupons I've received are for games I already have :(

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It isn't 100% necessary to have this installed on SSD I've found so far. Load times are really fast regardless.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

False. Loading into battles on HDD sucks rear end.

I have a mid range at best PC and it takes 20 seconds to load into battle on a 7200 rpm drive

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

It adds to the amount peasants produce (money wise) I think.

I do dislike that I am too thick to use Kong Rong's speciality effectively.

So you don't have to necessarily trade it to other factions? You can just stockpile it and reap the cash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

fancy stats posted:

How is everyone managing public order when the population of cities starts to rise? I'm finding that unless I'm constantly expanding my empire to include more and more lovely feeder territories, I end up either in the hole because of the population malus or because I spent too much food upgrading them to support their growing populations.

Park an army there and build pubic order structures until it's trending upwards