Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyWarbucks
May 8, 2007
We've have been cable free since moving to our new house and don't regret it a bit. We have two TVs that I initially had hooked up to their own individual antennas but the reception wasn't always the best. I ended up connecting our cable modem directly to the incoming cable line in the attic, setting up our better antenna up there, then connecting that powered antenna to the existing house cable infrastructure. Now each of our TVs just connects to their own coax connection in the wall and we get great reception on both without ever having to adjust the antenna again.

As for online shows, we watch most of them through Hulu/Netflix on our Wii U (connected to one TV) and our laptop (connected to the other). We were really missing out on our Showtime shows (Homeland and Dexter) and didn't want to pirate them, so I ended up paying my parents to add it to their Comcast package for a couple months so we could log in online and watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU