Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Pretty sure ESPN3 requires both a participating ISP and a cable tv subscription.

Or a .edu domain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Local blackout can be a real motherfucker with online sports streaming, especially college football. An antenna can fill most of those holes, but ever once in a while some local cable outfit has the rights that week.

This is where VPNs really come in handy. Just spoof your location that way and you can get around any blackout.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

Moeru posted:

Can you link a few good ones? I'd like to put these in the OP for international posters

Well I personally log into VPNs hosted on my friends' home networks so I can't recommend any paid services.

I used to be able to use CoDeeN proxies to get around blackouts, but it appears the list of servers isn't available right now.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008
In case you haven't seen it, a Hulu plus app was just added to the Apple TV.

http://blog.hulu.com/2012/07/31/hulu-plus-arrives-on-apple-tv/

Modern Pragmatist fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 31, 2012