Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

Thwomp posted:

And I only have a problem with CBS over the air in Chicago because their VHF signal doesn't penetrate walls at all so internal antennas can't grab them.

Do you have an attic? I can get CBS all the way out in the northwest burbs with my antenna in the attic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Hulu plus is weird. I see episodes online that I can't view through my set-top box. It's very strange. I was so pissed I cancelled.

Same here.

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
WTF Aereo...For a while now their site has had a banner that said "Coming to Chicago on September 13th!". Well, that has come and gone and as far as I can tell nothing has happened. Not only that, I "pre-registered" for early access and have gotten zero emails from them. No news, no invites, no spam, nothing. :argh:

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
:siren: You'll be able to watch HBO without a cable subscription in 2015:siren:

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

Orvin posted:

Anyone know if I can use a TiVo roamio with an antenna and watch live tv on the remote mini TiVo boxes? Been thinking about cutting cable in the summer, and that would be the easiest solution if it worked.

Now I will just have to find a decent antenna that works with CBS in the Chicag suburbs. There is an old antenna in my attic that gets everything but CBS. I am kinda hoping one of the leaf antennas work. Especially since I can hide it behind a small quilt I have hanging above my TV.

The problem with CBS is it is VHF. The antenna is prob only UHF. They make combo antennas. This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-Free.../dp/B003L76BJS/

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

blk96gt posted:

I had been trying the antenna in our bedroom, and moved it into the living room yesterday to see how it did. I got 100+ channels in there (compared to ~60 in the bedroom), including PBS, but reception was spotty for PBS. I don't really care for the location it's at now, so tonight I will try it in the attic and see what it does when going from there to the TV downstairs. I am still planning to pick up some sort of attic antenna. Does anyone in here have an attic mount antenna? I'm really just looking for opinions on quality, not necessarily reception. Again, if the little leaf antenna works fine, I don't see why an attic mounted 60-mile range one with an amplifier won't do as well, if not better, than a leaf version. These are the ones I'm looking at now:

- ClearStream 2V Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna

I've got this one in my attic. Works great, no complaints although I'm only like 30 miles from Chicago so it might be a little overkill for me. I'm even able to pick up the aforementioned WBBM-TV VHF nonsense. I'm also running it un-amplified to 4 tvs with no problems.

Definitely try the attic, higher=better for reception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
Netflix has a hojillion kids shows and no commercials.