Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Anyone who has experience with Comcast: is it worth even trying to not have cable tv? Every offer I’ve seen from them for bare internet is as much or more than a tv bundle, and I actually want peacock for the soccer and Tour de France. As it stands it looks like I could save a few dollars a month but nothing major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

As far as I’ve been able to tell the plans they offer on their website and the plans you can get by having to talk to a sales representative have almost no overlap.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had to stop watching some shows on cable because the compression, and later soap opera effect were so bad they were actively pissing me off. I remember Top Gear being so compressed turning wheels would stutter constantly which is pretty bad in a show about cars. The last season of Killing Eve had soap opera effect plus dynamic compression on the audio.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m really happy with ESPN+ [as part of the bundle] except their formula 1 coverage is exclusive to having a tv subscription so you can’t watch that. Absolute shitloads of good soccer though, I watch it a ton more than I thought.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

And we all thought electronics companies hoarding critical patents was bad, leave it to Sinclair to show us those were the good old days.

No TV service trip report month 3: went over my data cap for the second time in 3 months, decided to pay the extra for unlimited which will still be $50 less than when I had cable TV. Fun note: Comcast will sent you an alert when you hit exactly 100% but not when you hit 50 or 70 and could do something about it. NBC seems to have put more Premiere League games on TV and not Peacock than last season which is wack. Finally canceled Netflix to be put in the rotation where I sign up for a couple months to catch all the stuff I missed. Definitely canceling Prime once the ads start. Thinking about signing up for Youtube premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Prime showed me an ad so I canceled it. Time to join the burgeoning NAS crew.