Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlie Foxtrot
Aug 24, 2002

Talk to the hand, cause the Receiver isn't listening.

Did he really like to watch news and finance that much or did he just like having it on in the background?

I cut the cable cord this month. I already had a PS3, so I bought Hulu Plus and that covers most newer shows. I'm also already an Amazon Instant Video subscriber because of my Amazon Prime, so there is a ton of free slightly older content through the AIV app on the PS3 there (Battlestar Galactica and Friday Night Lights are two big ones I'm looking forward to). I bought an Ooma Telo and that should pay for itself in about 9 months, to include porting over our old house phone number from Time Warner. Total monthly bill will go from about $140 to about $60, and that includes <$5/mo in fees for Ooma and buying a couple of kids TV shows a month through AIV that I don't get through Hulu Plus.

Charlie Foxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Foxtrot
Aug 24, 2002

Talk to the hand, cause the Receiver isn't listening.

DizzyBum posted:

drat, my wife isn't willing to let cable go for the 5 or 6 shows she wants, and not all of them are on Netflix/Amazon/Hulu. :( Oh well.

What shows?