Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
My DirecTV was officially cancelled today. Back to Comcast internet and their lowest nubs cable package. I still get Fox 5 which is imperative for my Redskin away game fix, Apple TV 2 with the NBA package solves my Rockets viewing.

Jailbroken Apple TV to my NAS with all my movies, Netflix subscription. Possibly Hulu+ when the girlfriend moves in with the 360. Pretty nice adding $100 to other things than 1000 channels I didn't watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Liar posted:

They're literally all up the road from me, all south within ten miles. But even still I get nothing from what I've tried from the store. I was initially avoiding the leaf because it'd be more difficult to return if it failed too, but since the entire internet seems to love it I'm guessing it'll be my absolute best chance.

Picking up a lot of stations, and they're coming across on the same quality level as cable. This pretty much seals the deal, gently caress cable.

All that's left now is finally deciding between Roku, Boxee, and Apple.

Awesome, glad you got that fixed. Enjoy the chinese ping pong station.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

I haven't watched the show yet but I'm 99% sure it's on Netflix.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

I've only had one HD video screw up on me when streaming from my PC to my AppleTV (XBMC). That file played perfectly fine on my WD TV Live.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/15/3506030/fcc-allows-basic-cable-encryption-protects-consumers-open-access

FCC is allowing cable companies to encrypt OTA channels.

Bad news. Soon you won't be able to just have the basic cable package without having to rent equipment to get OTA signals. :sigh: I really didn't want to get a 8' antenna on my roof so I can get one channel.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

I have the lowest comcast package you can get for cable tv since it only adds 10 bucks to my Internet plan. I get the major networks in HD and a bunch of random weird channels like THIS Baltimore plus that crazy Chicago super channel.

Comcast gave me one their poo poo little boxes and it gave me 6 channels all in SD.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

I'll have to call and find out. I have that basic package, but they just gave me a DTA and all the basic channels are SD.

If you use the box provided from Comcast it's a bunch of SD channels. If you just plug the coax into the back of your TV and scan you will find HD channels.

Edit;

Has anyone here had any experience with Free to Air (FTA)?

Parlett316 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 17, 2012

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

mcsuede posted:

Six year cable-cutting anniversary this month. Keep on keepin' on, brothers and sisters.

:toot: It's been a year for me after I could finally cut the DirecTV my ex decided to lock us into. It's painful being a sports fan though.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Or make her pay the bill

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

DangerZoneDelux posted:

When are NFL ticket sales ever down? Here in Houston you have to murder someone to get a ticket. And if your team is on Monday night football they still have to show it OTA. I am sadly leaving the cableless era. I couldn't explain my setup to my girlfriend and just ordered that new Comcast DVR. At least it looks to have a better interface than the old one

I'll be back with directv soon for the NBA season. The broadband package doesn't offer both teams home announcers and I have been spoiled in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Comcast finally encrypted their signal in my area, no way to get the local channels without a box. gently caress them, they can just have the internet money. Antenna incoming.