Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

wandler20 posted:

The new Roku OS is rolling out today. Spotify is coming back soon!

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/os-9-release-notes

What I like about Roku is that they continue to support their older models. The antithesis of some companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Gallatin posted:

How do you troll Alex Jones? I would enjoy watching it but the guy destroyed his marriage playing the long con.

Start by saying he's a good movie actor in films such as Waking Life (2001) and A Scanner Darkly (2006).

Then ask for his tax returns and the source(s) of all his funding.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Anyone know if a new Roku Ultra is coming out soon? I might buy the 2019 4670 model but I could wait a little longer.

My Roku 2 XS (2011 model) has started to reliably crash on YouTube. It's been an issue with YouTube for years but it's doing it immediately now because of these ghastly YouTube ads. I've tried reinstalling it etc. and it doesn't help. It's too bad since all the other apps continue to work fine.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Zogo posted:

Anyone know if a new Roku Ultra is coming out soon? I might buy the 2019 4670 model but I could wait a little longer.

My Roku 2 XS (2011 model) has started to reliably crash on YouTube. It's been an issue with YouTube for years but it's doing it immediately now because of these ghastly YouTube ads. I've tried reinstalling it etc. and it doesn't help. It's too bad since all the other apps continue to work fine.

I went ahead and bought a Roku Ultra. It's so much faster than my old Roku. Everything opens up immediately.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Anyone else have their Youtube and Netflix apps just vanish off of Roku?

Not on mine. What model do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

Are home internet data caps something that's becoming more common, or are they on their way out?

It goes in cycles. In recent years they were not as common but when the pandemic started and WFH really ramped up they've been reintroduced in some areas.