Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Recently cut cable and switched to a mohu leaf 50. The signal is good in my area but I am having some problems getting it to work with my home cabling setup. The cable for internet and cable tv runs into the house at the basement and every other cable throughout the house also ends there. Of course the antenna doesn't get a good signal in the basement but I want it on all the TVs.

When I connect it to a jack upstairs I guess the cable run length is too long because I can't get signal to a tv connected to the other end in the basement ( for testing). I have a ton of splitters but no matter the setup I cannot get antenna signal in any other way than direct connection to a tv. I assume my problem is amplification but I do not know how to address it. Any help would be useful and I can draw a diagram if asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Thanks guys, we're only using it for local news so I don't mind having it hooked up directly to the TV. It beats driving myself crazy not getting any signals at least!

In case anyone is interested in a Leaf 50, purely anecdotal, but with a cheapo RCA flat antenna our bedroom tv got 7 channels of varying quality, and the Leaf in the exact same position got 25 (including lame stuff like shopping and church channels) and a much much better quality picture.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I am looking at getting an attic or roof antenna to provide coverage for my entire house instead of using mohu leafs on every TV. I already have coax to every room and split in the basement as the previous owners had cable. If I hire a professional to install the antenna, what is a reasonable cost and expectation of man hours to have one installed and calibrated?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Is there a recommended model you could suggest so i can research it?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Famous last words.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Anyone with a fire TV stick have success streaming video on the MLB app? I can only get the radio broadcast.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Yes. I tried every game over the last few days and video worked on none of them. I'll try again over the weekend and report if I find a fix.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
For anyone curious, uninstall and reinstall fixed MLB.tv .

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Anyone using the fire stick 2 ? Is it worth the upgrade?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I'm looking for a streaming device with the following options:

Must run HBO Go without issue
Plugs into the TV and sits behind it out of sight
Can install Kodi
Wired Ethernet is a plus

Currently use a first gen fire stick but HBO Go runs like poo poo on it and we use it constantly for sesame Street.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I get horrible jitter and buffering on HBO GO on my first gen Fire TV Stick. Does anyone know if the 2nd gen fixes the issues? It seems to be a common problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Whatever Amazon did with the gen 2 Fire TV Stick, I thank them. My Gen 1 would stutter and buffer constantly on all aps. No problems at all on Gen 2. Maybe I had a faulty Gen 1, but I saw a lot of other reviews saying the same thing. It's like night and day.