Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I would just like to pimp the antenna that I am currently using. When I built my house 4 years ago out in the middle of nowhere, I decided I wasn't paying for satellite (no cable/dsl/anything even available) so I went with an in-attic antenna setup. I am in lower Michigan, about 40 miles from the nearest city that broadcasts OTA channels, so I knew I would need something more than an antenna that could sit on the tv stand. I went with Antennas Direct DB8 which I got for $80 at the time. I also had to pair it with a ~$60 Channel Master amplifier, so I was at $140. I get channels in HD with strong signal from Flint, Lansing, and Saginaw. Strangely, I am closer to Detroit than Saginaw but I get no channels from Detroit. So I have about 30 channels, most of those are duplicates so figure 15 channels to watch. FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, CW, PBS, and others (religious/spanish, etc) all in HD. My favorite channel I got was ION but about a month ago it just dissapeared and I can't pick it up anymore, now I'm on a Psych withdrawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU