Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Croatoan posted:

Agreed. My son loving LOVES the PBS kids app. Superwhy! is a constant and the dude just watches the same episodes over and over again until the next week when new ones pop up and then I get to learn all about Tilden the caterpillar or whatever poo poo needs to get stuck in my head for that week. Repetitive? If the dude gets a hold of the remote I have to listen to the theme song 10 times before I snap and take it away and make him finish the episode.

Also, I have a boatload of stuff in a folder titled "For The Kids" on my Plex server.

I can understand the repetition being obnoxious, but let's be fair. The Super Why theme song is pretty legit, especially the brass section.

I'm just really happy that my toddler got disinterested in Sesame Street (which is pretty much the Elmo and Abby show these days :mad:), because those voices just grate on me.

I sometimes watch football over the air, and using a DVR to skip around and watch the entire game in 30 minutes is pretty much the only reason I would use a DVR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One week in, I'm really happy with YoutubeTV. I'm only paying for 1/3rd of it, and thus far it's been pretty great. At $50/mo I'd probably just get regular cable but at $17/mo it's a great value.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

It 100% doesn’t work out of the country though as I learned when I traveled.

Also the ads in the YouTube TV VOD stuff are infuriating. I love to see the same ad 4 times in a row and the same 5 ads on rotation.

My favorite is when there's an ad break with two ads and it's the same one twice

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

phosdex posted:

I think it's only the main account has to check in.

It's all accounts. I split it with my parents and a friend. Friend lives here, parents live out of market. I have to login on their account from my local connection every 30 days or so

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

LastInLine posted:

Oh you just have to log in with their account on one of your local devices? That's it?

That's it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

lol

I also canceled my YouTubeTV sub. It’s just too expensive for how little I really watch TV.

It's a good deal for me when split three ways, but at $50/month it's just cable with extra steps

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I imagine there are some urgent calls today from team Disney with checkbooks in hand to various cloud service providers.
edit:
But yeah, I am surprised they are doing this poorly on the rollout. They have been running Hulu for a long time and presumably have some knowledge of how to run a streaming service

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

Nope, especially since a lot of people got them for super cheap or free, plus monopolies!

The best deal going was to be a free member of the fan club and get a 3 year subscription for $150.
All paid up front, of course. Can't cancel that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

a twist on an old favorite