Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbons
Dec 8, 2005

life's little hurdles
Been without cable for a while. For me the big thing was getting a Smart TV, wi-fi enabled. Netflix is native, as is MLB.tv, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime. So I don't need a roku or apple tv, which leaves my setup almost completely wireless/box-less, except for blu-ray.

And the best part is the DLNA compatibility. I have a computer running Twonky and feeding videos and music directly to the TV over wi-fi. It even streams high-def video, AVI's, MKV's, etc.. I've been very impressed with what it can handle. 720p with ease and 1080p usually without issue.

My only hiccup is if I want ESPN3, I have to connect my Mac to the TV via HDMI. I've tried PLEX for that since there's a plug-in but it sure sucks, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU