Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006

Bees?
Hopefully this is an appropriate thread to ask this question in. Is there a way to hook up an antenna in one room and connect it to a TV in a different room using the coax jacks on the walls? The reception in my living room (which is downstairs) is poor, so I'm looking for a way to get the antenna up higher (e.g. somewhere upstairs). If that isn't a good idea, I'm open to other suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006

Bees?

Don Lapre posted:

Sure there is. Just use a coupler wherever your coax lines terminate to connect the two lines together.

Is there an easy way to find where the cables connect? I live in a townhouse apartment if it matters.

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006

Bees?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Personally, I thought the interfaces on my mom's Roku for all apps were pretty lovely. I really wish they would hire someone with a good sense for UI. I really need to stop being lazy and see what my options are for XBMC for those applications.

The new Roku UI is supposed to be really good. It was initially only available for the Roku 3, but it has since been pushed to (I think all of) the Roku models from the prior generation.

More info: http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/05/roku-3-goes-on-sale-tomorrow-for-99-with-upgraded-cpu-and-a-new/

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006

Bees?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh yeah - the Roku UI looks fine. It's the UI for the apps that looks like poo poo. They don't look anything like the Roku's UI and some of them are a nightmare to navigate.

Ah gotcha, totally agree.