Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My Hero Academia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

My Hero Academia

That's a nice sight gag there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also My Hero Academia

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He is the Folgore stand-in (from gash bell)

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Boku to Majo no Jikan
Protagonist dies and gets resurrected by a mad scientist, then is forced to work for her to pay off the cost of his new, immortal body. OSHA violations abound.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dungeon Meshi

Fantasy world cooking.

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan

Adorable possibly yuri cooking.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Brainamp posted:

Dungeon Meshi

Fantasy world cooking.

Ha, I came here to post that exact same page!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Brainamp posted:

Dungeon Meshi

Fantasy world cooking.

I don't follow his logic. Why would the plant need to keep its victims comfortable? Alive, maybe, but why would he assume it's comfortable?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Clarste posted:

I don't follow his logic. Why would the plant need to keep its victims comfortable? Alive, maybe, but why would he assume it's comfortable?

it's a euphemism for tentacle rape

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I must admit I was unreasonably excited when I saw there was a new dungeon meshi released today.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Clarste posted:

Maybe because if it were uncomfortable, the victim would be more likely to struggle and try to escape.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Maybe the plants are just polite.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Clarste posted:

Well, from an evolutionary standpoint, the plant wants its victims to be as strong as possible after the seeds are planted, because that increases the likelihood that it'll make it a good distance before succumbing, thus ensuring a better spread. If it's uncomfortable and they start thrashing about too hard, that increases the chance of injury.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Clarste posted:

I'm guessing it's just a joke about the knight guy being into bondage or something.

Also elf lady is the perfect straight man. :v:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Kyoaku Gakuen

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My Monster Secret

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 3, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This is loving amazing.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

Captain Invictus posted:

Bonnouji, a PROPER, ACTIVE love story about a boy who gets weird stuff shipped to him from his brother, and a girl who finds it all, and him, just great.

This was great. Also thanks to whoever suggested 7 seeds. I'm current on that now too.. also I'm slowly checking out recommendations but this thread is huge.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Waratte! Sotomura-san is about a nice girl with an unintentionally terrifying smile. It's Angel Densetsu with less fight scenes and more knitting.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Hakoiri Drops is pretty by-the-books in terms of setting and gimmicks (two dudes and three girls hang out and make jokes, main dude looks scary but isn't, main girl grew up overly sheltered), but the implementation is quite good. While there is some romance, there's no melodrama and they don't drag it out a million chapters, which is a nice change of pace. Overall a solid slice of life comedy, so if you like the genre it's probably worth a look.

Only 12 chapters out at the moment, but new ones seem to be coming out a good clip.

Also features one of the better bromances I've seen in a manga.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
What is this wonderful thing?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Daler Mehndi posted:

What is this wonderful thing?

quote:

Shadow hand that spreads depravity around the world, we call them archvillains! World crisis, religious conflict, territorial dispute, information control, ero-manga regulations... They are at the root of every major social problem(probably)! This is a story about a dreadful institution, "School of Supreme Evil" that raises archvillains and a police investigator who infiltrated it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Simply incredible.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
My Girlfriend is a T-Rex (T-Rex na Kanojo)

http://comic.pixiv.net/works/1224

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haru x Kiyo

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
noooo

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
4 Cut Hero is a story about what happens after the Demon lord is defeated and the world is saved. The Hero turns into a NEET and the surviving Demon Generals get into some weird hobbies.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yankee Kun to Megane chan

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Yankee kun is so much better than yamada kun it's unfair. Though it has such a bull poo poo ending too.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Dungeon Meshi

The best manga about D&D murderhobos yet.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Squidster posted:

Dungeon Meshi

The best manga about D&D murderhobos yet.

This is actually pretty amazing. It's very goofy but there's clearly a good bit of thought put into the mechanics and backstory.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

dog kisser posted:

This is actually pretty amazing. It's very goofy but there's clearly a good bit of thought put into the mechanics and backstory.

The Elf is my favorite straight-man character of recent days.

The author's other comics are also great - I've linked her Terrarium in Drawer anthology earlier in this thread, and it's great stuff with a similar tone.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I thought about making a thread for Dungeon Meshi, now that it has a few updated. But instead I made a thread for the general discussion of that kind of fantasy parodies:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740907

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Maid Dragon of Kobayashi

edit: oh hello nipples out of nowhere

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 10, 2015

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Arslan Senki

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shiki ni!
Don't Become an Otaku, Shinozaki-san!

Middle-school popular girl Akina missed the first week of high school, which is when all the cliques of friends are formed. She resolves to 'reform' Kaede, the nerdy girl who sits next to her, and turn her to the one true path. Also, she is a complete adorable spaz and really really gay for Kaede.

I've been plowing through this over the past 2 days. Thanks!

All these threads are full of great recommendations .. even if they are old .. like finding audio logs from doomed otaku in some abandoned facility.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Terper posted:

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.

If you don't read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer you shouldn't be browsing this subforum.

It should be in the title like LOGH is for the anime thread.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Leper Residue posted:

If you don't read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer you shouldn't be browsing this subforum.

It should be in the title like LOGH is for the anime thread.

People point it out frequently but the anime rec thread title is pretty dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Recommending Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer to mainstream anime/manga enthusiasts is also dumb. I like it and all, but it's janky as gently caress and the first like 5 chapters will bore the tits off the average, mainstream reader.

• Locked thread