Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: oh hello nipples out of nowhere

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

Recommending Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer to mainstream anime/manga enthusiasts is also dumb. I like it and all, but it's janky as gently caress and the first like 5 chapters will bore the tits off the average, mainstream reader.

loving mainstreamers, am i right

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Namtab posted:

loving mainstreamers, am i right

We're otaku hipsters here in VEGETA. I'm into a kawaii-desu anime you've probably never even heard of, baka.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Leper Residue posted:

If you don't read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer you shouldn't be browsing this subforum.

It should be in the title like LOGH is for the anime thread.

lucifer and biscuit hammer is actually good though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is one of my favorite things ever, but you should always keep in mind that the first few chapters really do have a lot of little issues and can totally turn somebody off from reading it. The art doesn't look too great until pretty far in, and the character stuff only really starts a few a few chapters in, too.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When I re-read it recently I noticed I had completely blocked out the frankly absurd amount of panty shots in the early chapters (and a few in the later ones). poo poo is cray.

Man it's good though

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 12, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I would post that one confession scene except it's a huge spoiler. You know the one, though. (It's the one with the Star Wars dialogue.)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Terper posted:

When I re-read it recently I noticed I had completely blocked out the frankly absurd amount of panty shots in the early chapters (and a few in the later ones). poo poo is cray.

Man it's good though

The words in that post have convinced me to read whatever that is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

The words in that post have convinced me to read whatever that is

They have a very cute relationship.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was referring to the promise of panty shots

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

I was referring to the promise of panty shots

They also have a very cute relationship.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

They also have a very cute relationship.

is it pantyshot based?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Namtab posted:

is it pantyshot based?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Convinced.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cake Attack posted:

lucifer and biscuit hammer is actually good though

Yeah its only good while LOGH is a masterpiece.

The Colonel posted:

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is one of my favorite things ever, but you should always keep in mind that the first few chapters really do have a lot of little issues and can totally turn somebody off from reading it. The art doesn't look too great until pretty far in, and the character stuff only really starts a few a few chapters in, too.
I actually dropped it initially and it took about 20 chapters to get really good for me. Spirit circle is a much much better series by the same author.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

We will be restarting this thread and the anime recommendations thread tomorrow.

This thread will be locked after that so get those last few posts in if you dare.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynx26LJ1YC4

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Do you already have thread titles planned and are they funny if so

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Thanks for all the good recommendations. Don't read that Shinigami manga with the extraordinarily terrible ending.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Did you link to fullmetal alchemist by accident?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hiromu Arakawa does the art for Arslan

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Love Is Hard For An Otaku

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hellsau posted:

Thanks for all the good recommendations. Don't read that Shinigami manga with the extraordinarily terrible ending.

it got restarted but either cancelled again or just nobody bothered translating it if its the one i'm thinking of

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Level Slide posted:

Love Is Hard For An Otaku

Where is this from? I want to read it, but I only found untranslated versions. e: oops, didn't read the newest posts of anime chat. Should catch up on that more!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nondevor posted:

Where is this from? I want to read it, but I only found untranslated versions. e: oops, didn't read the newest posts of anime chat. Should catch up on that more!

Seconding this question.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
z0glin Warchief translating it along with the great ladies drinking manga.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It was translated In this very subforum by sweetcool guy Z0glin Warchief.

http://imgur.com/a/EiGj3
http://imgur.com/a/mCF8i
http://imgur.com/a/ocw5X

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

There should be a thread for that guy's translations. There's no way I can keep up with the chat thread, so I've been ignoring it, and only just now noticed the third Drinking Girls chapter.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh cool! These are good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you don't have to read everything you know, just click last page occasionally

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

There should be a thread for that guy's translations. There's no way I can keep up with the chat thread, so I've been ignoring it, and only just now noticed the third Drinking Girls chapter.

If you press the number under RE you get every poster in a thread sorted by the number of posts they've made. If you then click the post number of a specific person you get all of his/her posts. Z0glin has made 33 posts in chat thread, they're not hard to find.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Droyer posted:

If you press the number under RE you get every poster in a thread sorted by the number of posts they've made. If you then click the post number of a specific person you get all of his/her posts. Z0glin has made 33 posts in chat thread, they're not hard to find.

Yeah, that's how I found the chapter. But it's annoying to keep checking those posts to see if he's translated anything new. A thread would keep things neat and in a single place.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

Yeah, that's how I found the chapter. But it's annoying to keep checking those posts to see if he's translated anything new. A thread would keep things neat and in a single place.

He's mentioned starting a batoto group so eventually they'll prob be updated there.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You don't keep up with the chat thread. You let the chat thread quickly drag you to whatever posting heights it has in store.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Lucifer and Biscut Hammer: It's ok I guess

Bad Seafood posted:

Hiromu Arakawa does the art for Arslan

Yeah, I was just poking fun at how the three dudes in the first panel looked like three minor characters in FMA.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

tomo-chan is dope

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Midori no Hibi

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OneDeadman posted:

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

Know that this is good but don't read it until it's over because each release is a single page and it's basically the equivalent of having a bag of delicious popcorn and only eating one piece every hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Know that this is good but don't read it until it's over because each release is a single page and it's basically the equivalent of having a bag of delicious popcorn and only eating one piece every hour

On the other hand, that two weeks or however long it was break after dropping a giant rear end bomb of a cliffhanger was the worst and also the best.

• Locked thread