Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Every single time I have to dig into Android to do something weird, I find yet another bug introduced by some idiot loving manufacturer (HTC, you should know better :mad:) who decided to do their own thing and use their own broken loving bluetooth stack / date/time implementation / literally anything, never updates it, never fixes it and makes it impossible to work around.

gently caress you, you are everything that's wrong with open source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Anyone done any p2p networking with Android phones? Need some way of ignoring NAT and allowing connections between devices behind incredibly varying types of networks, but preferably without a relay server (or if there is one required, something solid ie. gtalk).

Annoyingly, gtalkservice would've been perfect for this but it doesn't seem to exist anymore, and cloud messaging seems to only be one-way :(

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Glimm posted:

Has ActiveAndroid come up before? Can I gush over this library for a bit?

Haven't used it much, just set it up today for a new project. But so far, so good.

I bought a copy a few years ago when I started doing Android dev, and it worked pretty well. Had a few minor bugs here and there (which I'm sure they've fixed long since).

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Same library, he's obviously made it free. It was originally a paid library (maybe $10?).

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Geno posted:

Has anyone tried getting ADB to work via Bluetooth? The only thing I've found related is this https://coderwall.com/p/pfuq4g that I'll try tomorrow .

At work, I'm debugging this usb peripheral that goes on my S3 so I'm assuming I have to do something with ADB. Unfortunately, at my work my phone and laptop are on two different networks so I haven't had any luck with ADB wirelessly.

I had a similar situation when I was doing some Android-based sensor networking stuff - phone and laptop were on different connections and USB was being used. I ended up just using a wifi hotspot on the phone and connected the laptop, using 3g for internet.