Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I'll probably post in one of the IYG android megathreads about this, but maybe someone here might know better:

I'm trying to track down an issue with my phone (droid razr hd maxx, android 4.1.2) and my new car stereo's bluetooth interface. Specifically, there is some weird interaction between the two. When it starts up, it seems to be sending the Play command (or play/pause? I'm actually not sure), causing Android to (eventually) launch the registered application and resume playback. However, a good portion of the time it immediately skips to the next track (which is a problem when listening to a podcast, or just to audible). I can work around it by launching Pandora right before I start the radio, which I use as a meatshield, but sometimes it ignores that (even though it should have then been registered) and launches a different application anyway.

Now my question: Is there any way for me to debug what exactly is going on in android.media.AudioManager? I think that is where all of this is handled, so I'm hoping it might hold clues about (a)why this is happening and (b) why it doesn't always happen. I also need to figure out why it didn't behave this way using my previous Bluetooth audio adapter, but I don't even know where to start looking for that.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU