Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
I remember coming across the same thing last month, as i recall, the solution was to add it in a different maner, the solution was found somewhat easily at stackoverflow searching "eclipse not recognizing blah, blah, blah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Oops. I had all my projects and example projects duplicated in different folders on my machine, i decided to do a complete delete and reinstall because eclipse was not recognizing them in the project space no matter what- copied them and deleated-probably a Problem with the _meta data-.when i deleted the file through eclipse it deleated across all the folders i thought were bsckups. Too bad, so sad, square one; still fun.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
I have been using webdings and windings for some assets in my app. Now, I am getting ready to release it. Does anyone know if it is all good or am I setting myself up for a licensing problem or ip infringement case in the future? For example I use the open book webding or wingding for a category icon.
Perhaps I should remake all of the assets idk.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Yes, I ran them through the androind asset studio icon generator, and some of them were modified a bit after the fact. One of the reasons I used wingdings and webdings is that they are the among the available fonts in the dropdown so I figured it might be kosher/ cleared somehow through Google.

Definitely downloading fontawesome, thanks for the recommendation. :)

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Further checking led me to a post about the webdings eula. Apparently, it is all good to create and distribute static graphic images png, gif, jpg to create printed t shirts etc... I found the actual eula and I think it's all good, but it is nice to have a backup plan.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Developer console really messed up today, blocking any updates for one of my apks. Frustrating because I completed a rewrite of my apps description and am unable to update. Fingers crossed that every thing gets worked through the system. Upside the chat support was very fast with a response for me.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Any prefered libraries to calculate running pace? Do running apps use info from the maps api or use accelerometer data from the device? How is this tested at home- do you just have to go for a jog or can you set up some tests at home?

I'll be researching this today and just thought I'd start here if anyone had some experience with this sort of thing.

Found this: I'll be starting from here I reckon.

It looks like it might be pretty simple using the gps fine location. I'm just going for real-time speed data. Calculating that from the internal sensors looks like a real pita based on some SO questions.

vvvvvvvvv

Infomaniac fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 17, 2014

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Poking around with the Facebook sdk has lead me into new realms of insight and frustration. Implementing graph calls led me to write some methods to populate views in ways that I eventually discovered were already provided through the facebook classes.

It took some fiddling and detective work to work out that the Facebook classes are useful and powerful, but somewhat poorly or unintuitively named. The api documentation is not great in my opinion.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
You can write to internal storage with no permissions. I would just write a complete db dump as a csv every once in a while. You can always access the files you create from within your own app.

http://developer.android.com/training/basics/data-storage/files.html

You will have to do some extra stuff if you want to attach it to an email or something.

https://developer.android.com/training/secure-file-sharing/share-file.html

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
I tried out Android studio in the really early preview stage and ended up switching back to Eclipse. Then tried AS about 2 months ago. I don't use Eclipse anymore once I got used to gradle and got my git situation worked out and integrated. I'm never going back, though I will probably purchase intelli j in the future.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007

Evil_Greven posted:

If privacy of the release isn't a major concern and if accuracy of the data collection wouldn't be hindered, you could just make it a public release on the Play Store. That avoids a lot of issues you seem concerned with.

Unless it's advertised or gets picked up by some group, most folks aren't going to be stumbling into it.

Otherwise I'd say the single-account Beta group would be a good bet. I've done that before for multiple users, though not on a large scale.

I've done the same for a single client, but I have to assume that you're referring to the alpha testing Google Play publishing option, rather than the beta.

I set up a special google plus group for them. When they join the group they can get the app.

I would suggest that it would be preferable to set up the group with the IT department of the company as the GOD administrator , and have them approve you as a moderator with privileges if they deem it appropriate.

This way, the IT department/ client company is ultimately responsible for inviting and approving users and if you are done with your contact, they can sever you from the group and app distribution without affecting the distribution of their internal app. And you as the contract developer are "clean" from distribution support from day one.

From my research, beta options allow you only to limit the number of users, not the users themselves.

Infomaniac fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 17, 2014

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Checking in from a galaxy s9. Same stuff as above. Are you limiting the preview image quality seems limited. The preview is not clear/ sharp/ hd

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007

Infomaniac posted:

Checking in from a galaxy s9. Same stuff as above. Are you limiting the preview image quality seems limited. The preview is not clear/ sharp/ hd

I did like the effect once i started snapping away.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Just getting back into Android Dev things and Compose is pretty neat.

Any overall opinions or trip reports about using Composables?

Any warnings or advice I should keep in mind while migrating view based uis to the new way?

I'm looking for general sentiments if anyone cares to share their experiences here.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
What's pro Android development like in TYOL 2024?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The same as 2020 but AS is faster and has some handy tools, Compose has made UI a lot easier, and some things are more stable or robust than they were

Thanks