Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_areaman
Oct 28, 2009

I was planning on writing a boardgame, and then wanted to have my boardgame zoomable, scrollable, animated, responding to touch events easily, and be non-fullscreen. I cursory examination of Android graphics libraries did not reveal anything that did what I wanted to, or at least not easily. Granted, I didn't look that deeply. Therefore, I wrote my own, which has taken a good amount of my limited time for personal projects, and is elegant and easy to use.

Question- would this be useful to anyone? I will take the time to properly open source it, write tutorials, document the API, etc. if this hasn't been done before and people would use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_areaman
Oct 28, 2009

I shall release it, I'm going to do some optimizations this week and implement new features. Also, I may have confused some with the word "animation". You can move objects and simulate animation, but the architecture of the engine isn't conducive to rapid changes of many objects (garbage collector will go nuts and it won't look smooth). It is meant to be a map or game board of some sort, one that allows you to scroll, zoom, and respond to touch events.