Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
Is there a simple way in android to style a textview like the headers in Google's own holo apps (the things labeled "SECTION" here http://developer.android.com/design/media/metrics_forms.png )?

Figured I'd ask before trying to reverse engineer them myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010

Harold Ramis Drugs posted:

I'm trying to use the AndEngine.java library for use in a school project, but I don't think I'm correctly adding it to the build path. There are some superclasses in the library that I'm supposed to extend into subclasses for the purposes of the game, but Eclipse is just not recognizing the library at all.

Here's what I'm doing:
1.) Create a new folder in this project's subfolder called "libs"
2.) move andengine.java to that subfolder
3.) right click on it and select Build --> Add to build path

From here, the AndEngine library appears under the "Referenced Libraries" subgroup (It's the only thing in there), and I can open up the AndEngine library to find all the superclasses I'm supposed to be extending. The IDE just doesn't recognize any of them when I try to call them in my code.

Edit: I actually fixed it by adding a specific import statement for one of the classes I needed.

code:
import org.anddev.andengine.ui.activity.BaseGameActivity;
which resolved this:
code:
public class AndEngineMinimalExample extends BaseGameActivity{
"BaseGameActivity" was unrecognized before, the first line of code fixed it.

However, is there any way to make the IDE do this for me? It did not recognize anything from the imported library until I specifically typed out that import statement by hand. None of the subclasses/methods appear in the intellisense

That's mostly how java works, but you should be able to import something like
code:
import org.anddev.andengine.ui.*
to get everything (that's public) out of the anddev ui package at once. Adjust where the * goes to for more or less specificity.