Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Yes, please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Why would you do that, when you could actually use http and your real domain name? Then for public content with these urls, people with the app get the choice of opening it in the app and people without get a webpage you serve at that URL.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Any reason you need this to be a private class inside your fragment? I've done something similar (custom view which draws on a canvas) recently. I just created a new view class, then threw that in a layout xml file like any other view. Seems to work fine.
And the only reason I did it by extending View rather than using a SurfaceHolder is that android 4.3 seems to have some sort of unresolved race condition with locking/unlocking a canvas in SurfaceHolder.