Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Wait MVI? What the hell happened to MVVM??

I can't find this now, maybe I've Mandela Effected myself but I could have sworn that the compose docs suggested using MVI instead of just MVVM. gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LongSack posted:

Probably. I’ve only just started the UI, so not much effort lost. Still bugs me that that Kotlin code doesn’t work when the Java equivalent works just fine.

Honestly, it SHOULD work the same, though there's probably some subtle bug that we all missed or which wasn't included here. You should be able to see the Java code that the Kotlin code transpiles to, which will at least make it easier to compare and see what if anything is different.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

You still use "by viewmodels()" when using hilt.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Buy an old Pixel device.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

VideoGameVet posted:

I have an app on Google Play, Word Topics: Unscramble Words.

But if you search for Word Topics you won't see it: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=word%20topics&c=apps

Ditto if you search for the entire name: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dword%2520topics%26c%3Dapps&c=apps

The actual app is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oldeskuul.wordtopics

What in the name of all that is holy is going on here?

You're not including "unscramble words" in your search. Sucks that it doesn't want to do a partial match.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

And, not sure if this is debugging left on, but please do not slide yourself into the clipboard unsolicited...

"User7001 Used 0 Hints To Complete "Sample 001" In Word Topics"

E: very cool, you also do not allow me to continue without copying this into the clipboard.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 30, 2023

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

... you also do not allow backing out of dialogs in general, it seems.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The "please wait" spinner isn't even centered when it rotates. The profile picture is squished. There's probably plenty of other stuff too.

The game part of it is fine, the whole thing just has a half-finished look. If you paid someone to develop this in the hopes of making money, you might want to think about whether any future work is just throwing good money after bad.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

My suspicion (check with debugger) is that the sun x/y values will show 0,0, as those aren't offset from parent values. You'll probably want to place the earth directly inside the sun, then offset, then rotate.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

If you have a rooted service, I THINK the APK is downloaded to a cache folder and not immediately cleaned up.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Small White Dragon posted:

If I have, say, a game in Xamarin, is this the right way to get the location to store saves etc?

code:
Android.OS.Environment.GetExternalStoragePublicDirectory(Android.OS.Environment.DirectoryDocuments).Path
Do I need any special permissions for that?

getFilesDir might be more appropriate, unless you specifically want them to be on potentially external storage.

As per the docs you may need to use a couple permissions depending on how far back you want to be compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Services can solve this problem via the magic and sublime mystery of "serving users a 302 based on user agent headers" easily enough that I never got the point of this. Indeed, they usually do it whether I want their loving app or not!