Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a point and shoot style camera for 300 to 600 dollars for photography on the go. Not too unlike street photography, but with peoples permissions and just to see if a certain shot would work.

This will be my go-to, general use camera. Expected to take photos in all weathers and settings. I have an old Canon SX160 IS and my biggest issues with it are how long it takes to focus, to take a photo, and to write the photo.

The main thing turning me off from cellphone photography and manual focusing lenses is an essential tremor with my hands and arms.

Edit: I'm fine with cameras that have interchangeable lenses, but whatever lens I get will bascially live on the camera anyways.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I found an em5 for about $300, I'll go that route.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the lens recommendation!