Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah wasabi batteries are fantastic for the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Megabound posted:

Shoot film, as your heart is telling you to

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it's been a while since dorkroom got good and weird and I am fuckin here for it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Biscuitbeard posted:

Any recommendations for really good, solid 35mm workhorses at a reasonable price?

I've started up a business doing film styles (serious ones, not the half arsed influencer crap) so I'm shooting a lot of test rolls at the moment and want something nice and quick and reliable.

My old OM-1 seems to be missing focus now, I'm guessing the pentaprism is out of whack, but to be honest I want something nice and modern and AF. I've got a Pentax MZ-5 which is really nice but apparently they're a ticking time bomb due to a plastic part used in the shutter.

define "reasonable". Also what do you currently have if anything, aside from the OM setup, and what kind of pictures are you taking here?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've bought used things from Adorama without a problem.

KEH's new ownership definitely eased up on the ratings, but for the record I haven't been disappointed by the couple OM lenses I've gotten from them since they sold to the PE group. One was BGN grade and only had a couple cosmetic scuffs on the focusing ring. I'm sure it depends a bit on what you're looking for, but their stock is pretty enormous and I think as long as you stick to BGN grade or better you'll be alright.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

My tripod finally decided to break the other day, so I'm in the market for a new one that doesn't exceed about 200 bucks. Any suggestions would be helpful, as I've not shopped for one in a while.

Do you have a head already or do you need one? That's going to effect cost a bit

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ordered the Olympus 2x teleconverter because I'm at the point in my life where I cannot at all justify what I'm sure will be like a $4-5000 price point on the 150-400mm Pro, but I'm still very stupid and want to see animals 2 states away with the 300mm f/4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jarlywarly posted:

Does that get you 600 f/8? On m43? That's a lot of reach.

Yep, 1200mm equivalent :pcgaming: