Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
What's the general opinion here regarding Rokinon/Samyang lenses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
There's also the Nikon 1 AW1 that came out a few years ago. I've heard the autofocus on the Nikon 1 system is pretty quick and its got a 1 inch sensor.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Brrrmph posted:

FYI to Fuji folk: The Fuji USA store has added some refurbished products. I saw this posted on Fujirumors so I assume they don’t always have this kind of selection, though I have never looked before.

https://fujifilm-x.registria.com/products_search/?se=refurb&utm_campaign=topsecret&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edit: Turns out refurbished gear cannot be returned and doesn’t come with caps or hood. Probably not worth it after all.

A factory refurbished 23mm f2 WR for $260 is a really good deal tho.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
The fuji XF 18-55 f2.8-4.0 is supposed to be the best kit lens on the market afaik.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I thought the trick was to stack like 5 Bower UV filters on one lens?

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I need a 35mm film camera for child documentation.

How much will this child be moving?

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

CongoJack posted:

Thanks for the replies! So it looks like I can get a used x100t or an Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III and a short lens for a little more. Other than the ability to change the lens is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

The olympus has really good weather sealing whereas the fuji has none.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

JamesieAB posted:

I have an XT3 and would like to be able to recharge it's NP-W126 & NP-W126S Batteries seperately from the camera uaing a USB dual charger and a fast charge powerbank while out and about. I would also prefer it if the batteries lay flat in the charger like in the mains charger that came with the camera.

If the powerbank had power deilvery that might come in handy later but for now I don't want to tether the camera.

Any suggestions?

BTW I am in the UK and would ideally like to move on this tomorrow as my prime free trial is about to expire.

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-NP-W126-NP-W126S-Fujifilm/dp/B08R12HYSW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

I've been using this charger for a few months and its reliable. Seems like wasabi batteries are just as good as fuji.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Photojournalist David Burnett shot the 2012 London Olympics with a loving speed graphic

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Ihmemies posted:

I am looking at a webpage where they sell a new Leica M6, with warranty. Only 5000€. Not too bad, I think. Please help.

I have too many film cameras, but they are all old, none of them work right and hard/impossible to service these days.

If you really want a leica quality rangefinder get a Zeiss Ikon ZM. Its like an M7 with more features for half the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I'm looking at getting a handheld lightmeter. The Sekonic L-408 seems great because its a relatively inexpensive meter with spot, and incident metering. I've heard that 1 degree spot meters are usually the best but this sekonic is 5 degrees. Would this make that big of a difference for me? I'll mostly be using it for 6x12 panorama shooting with a 65mm lens.