Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
I take my 200-600 out into nature to shoot unsuspecting wildlife, which regularly entails hours of targeted meandering. I have two carrying modes:

1. carting the whole assembly around in my backpack
2. clutching it in my arms as a small child of equal proportions

1 is great for the long haul and 2 allows me to raise the camera and open fire immediately when loitering or moving short distances over sensible terrain.

I'd like something in between which lets me hold the camera at low ready for some tens of minutes of traipsing and free both hands to briefly navigate dense foliage w/o alarming levels of camera wobble. I'd like it to support the lens and the camera body and am picturing a big adjustable sling hooked to both, but am open to any and all goon suggestions.

Bonus points if you can comfortably crouch/squat/sit without manipulating this Device, but I can already cozily do those things while cradling the bird cannon so this isn't a dealbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
Thanks y'all, this was really helpful! I'll take goons any day of the week over sorting through the generative AI dumpster fire that product research has become.

As my personal dignity is of course a non-factor, I'm going to try a hybrid of the lens carrier system beer belly kangaroo pouch and some PD strap shenanigans. Carrier vests are a promising concept but I think I need to browse them in person to figure out what'll work for me. I almost never de/stack my 1.4x teleconverter in the field (or inside either, frankly) but the pouch in particular appears to be designed in such a way that I could at least consider it.

For my less overtly phallic lens needs I have long enjoyed a PD capture clip on my right backpack strap, so this particular ergonomic craving is very specifically targeted at Big Tube.