Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Would it be possible to use my Olympus FL-36 (designed for 4/3 DSLR's) on a Nikon D60 in manual mode, without risking damage to the camera or flash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

nemoulette posted:

This is a dumb question but anyway: are there attachable waist level finders for any 35mm cameras? Maybe even for old Canon bodies? I really want to shoot at waist level but can't get into MF in the long run :smith:

Apparently they were available for the Icarex 35 at some point, but good luck finding one. I've always wanted a WLF in 35mm too.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Does the Yashica really have a WLF though? After a quick google image search it just looking like a regular point and shoot brilliant viewfinder with a mirror.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I picked up a wierd old Cosina (Vivitar branded) AF 70-210mm f/2.8-4 the other day for $50. Not the sharpest lens in the world but it focuses very close.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Rolling the dice with Keh’s “ugly” grade

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

Rolling the dice with Keh’s “ugly” grade

Update on the “ugly” gear from Keh, in case anyone was wondering:

Both lenses are flawless cosmetically aside from each having a minor (like <1mm) hairline scratches on the front elements (from what I understand, you REALLY have to gently caress up a front element before it starts actually affecting your photos)

The Tamron has significant back focus issues at the telephoto end so is going back (after doing some research, this is a common issue with this particular lens), but the Sigma is absolutely perfect. So if nothing else I got a really nice prime for my E-M10 for the cost of a tank of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

This has been stewing with me for a bit and I'm curious, are returns on the lenses free? Is it worth it to bargain hunt on these, especially if my photography budget is a bit slimmer?

tribbledirigible posted:

"The return shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer and is non-refundable."

From their FAQs.

“Ugly” grade lenses aren’t technically covered by Keh’s warranty…but I reached out to Keh a s they did provide me with a RMA and prepaid return label without any fuss. YMMV but I’d say it’s worth it to roll the dice, especially if you are saving quite a bit compared to a better graded lens.